Events List Widget after Update & No date Events?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events List Widget after Update & No date Events?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    farandwild
    Participant

After the update from 3.5 to 3.6 I’m having issues with the Events List Widget where it will not show any events.

It just says “Homepage June 15 @ 2:06 pm” any ideas on how I can fix this?

Also is there way where I don’t have to have a date on the events itself? Some of the events on my websites have specific dates whereas others are just available anytime – where people will contact myself to book an events.

Cheers
    Tyler

farandwild
    Participant

I also meant to say that I posted this before but the topic disappeared?

farandwild
    Participant

It’s also probably worth saying that I’m using a custom override inside the folder “themename/tribe-events/widgets/list-widget.php”

and this is the code that I’m using inside that file, the only different being is that I’m showing the featured image..

<?php
    /**
    * Events List Widget Template
    * This is the template for the output of the events list widget.
    * All the items are turned on and off through the widget admin.
    * There is currently no default styling, which is needed.
    * This view contains the filters required to create an effective events list widget view.
    * You can recreate an ENTIRELY new events list widget view by doing a template override,
    * and placing a list-widget.php file in a tribe-events/widgets/ directory
    * within your theme directory, which will override the /views/widgets/list-widget.php.
    * You can use any or all filters included in this file or create your own filters in
    * your functions.php. In order to modify or extend a single filter, please see our
    * readme on templates hooks and filters (TO-DO)
    * @return string
    * @package TribeEventsCalendar
    * @since 2.1
    * @author Modern Tribe Inc.
    */
    ?>

<div class=”span3″>
    <li class=”tribe-events-list-widget-events <?php tribe_events_event_classes() ?> span3″>

<?php do_action( ‘tribe_events_list_widget_before_the_event_title’ ); ?>

<div class=”img”>
    <?php echo tribe_event_featured_image(null, ‘thumbnail’) ?>
    <div class=”mask” style=”opacity: 0;”>
    <div class=”mask” style=”opacity: 0;”>
    “>
    <span><i class=”icon-link maskicons”></i></span>

</div>
    </div>
    </div>

<h4 class=”entry-title summary”>
    ” rel=”bookmark”><?php the_title(); ?>
    </h4>

<?php do_action( ‘tribe_events_list_widget_after_the_event_title’ ); ?>
    <!– Event Time –>

<?php do_action( ‘tribe_events_list_widget_before_the_meta’ ) ?>

<div class=”duration”>
    <?php echo tribe_events_event_schedule_details(); ?>
    </div>

<div class=”tribe-events-event-cost”>
    <span><?php echo tribe_get_cost( null, true ); ?></span>
    </div>

<?php do_action( ‘tribe_events_list_widget_before_the_meta’ ) ?>

<!– Event Title –>

</div>

Casey
    Participant

farandwild,
    Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. With version 3.6, we’ve changed the list widget template files, and as such, you’ll have to update your customizations as well. Take a look at this blog post, which outlines some of the major changes with our latest release: https://theeventscalendar.com/the-events-calendarpro-3-6-changes-you-should-be-aware-of/

Hope that helps, but let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

Seth
    Participant

Hi Casey – Noticing the same problem (ie. random, old posts showing up instead of events). I have not made any changes to the template files.

Seth
    Participant

Sorry, I did make changes, on that note, not being a code, what do you suggest doing? Let the new widget takeover (ie. delete the override) and then make the necessary changes?

Casey
    Participant

farandwild,
    I just wanted to follow up and see if youโ€™re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

Seth,
    If your issue is the same as the above please do feel free to monitor this thread, but if you need assistance for your own specific scenario it would be great if you could create a fresh thread of your own. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Events List Widget after Update & No date Events?’ is closed to new replies.