Events List Widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events List Widget

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth
    Participant

Currently we are using posts for upcoming events on the homepage of our website http://www.rycv.com.au. I’d like to instead use the Events Calendar Pro plugin so that we can more easily sort them by date. I understand this can be done by using the Events List widget but I can’t seem to get it that looking the same/similar to the way I have it now? I am trying to make the format similar to the ‘latest news’ section.
    Can someone assist with this?
    Thanks!

Courtney

Hi Elizabeth

Here are a few tips to get the widget styled as you’d like:

1. Start by modifying what you can at Appearance » Customize » The Events Calendar.
    2. Typically, don’t change the theme or plugin’s css files, they will be overwritten on updates. To avoid this, follow the steps outlined in Themer’s Guide
    3. Use overriding CSS files, or add CSS to your site using Appearance » Customize » Additional CSS.
    4. Use !important before a semicolon to override every css rule. It’s a brute force method, but works for quick fixes.
    5. Please check out this Customizing WordPress #2 – Using Chrome Developers Tools YouTube video in addition to our Using Chrome Developer Tools tutorial on how to easily make changes using CSS.

Let me know if Appearance » Customize helps you get that look you want.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Events List Widget’ is closed to new replies.