Events list view separated by date not month

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Events list view separated by date not month

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Helen
    Participant

I’m trying to work out how to show the events in the list view separated by dates rather than months. The website is a festival and all the events are taking place over a few days so separating by month makes no sense.

Thanks for your help.

Barry

Hi there Helen,

We’ve got a great guide to making customizations in the form of our Themer’s Guide, so that’s definitely some “required reading” here 🙂

theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide

You could tackle this a number of ways, but I think the simplest would be to remove the call to tribe_events_list_the_date_headers() from within a custom version of the list/loop.php template and replace it with a custom function of your own, which breaks things down per day rather than per month.

You could even use the code for tribe_events_list_the_date_headers() – which lives in public/template-tags/loop.php – as the basis of your own solution.

I hope that helps 🙂

Helen
    Participant

Hi Barry

Thanks for your reply. That’s great. I know how to find and edit the files you mentioned, the only problem is my php coding is basic at best! Any pointers on what kind of code I would need to add in order to call the day and month rather than just the month? I added a line saying:
    $event_date = tribe_get_start_date( $post, false, ‘d’ );
    but it didn’t seem to do anything! I’m really paddling around in the dark here, any help would be amazing!

Thanks

Helen
    Participant

The other thing I would really like to be able to do is to colour code the different event titles according to their category – ie. all events in “Music” would have an orange title etc.

Any pointers on this one? I realise I’m shamelessly plugging the depths of your knowledge – sorry!

Thanks

Barry

Hi Helen,

With regards to your second question perhaps this plugin would help (though do note it is a third party plugin which – though very popular – I’m afraid we cannot support here on these forums, though many users have installed it and have found it very helpful).

To return to your first question, I’m afraid when it comes to customizations like this we’re always happy to point you in the right direction – but the reality is we can’t write the code for you (and, really, if you make such a customization it is important you understand how it works so you can maintain it going forward).

If you’re really stuck certainly feel free to contact us (support-at-theeventscalendar-dot-com) and we’ll be happy to provide you with a list of independent developers who may be able to assist — and of course there are lots of freelance marketplaces out there where you can find WP developers who will be eager to help.

Beyond that I don’t think we can assist further on this one and will go ahead and close out this topic.

Thanks again and I do wish you luck with the customization 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events list view separated by date not month’ is closed to new replies.