Events List Advanced Widget – Multiple Categories.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events List Advanced Widget – Multiple Categories.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    moif
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve started to organise my various ‘events’ into categories but as a result the Widget is only displaying one event category at a time. How can I tweak this so that it shows multiple categories?

Take a look here: http://www.brap.fm/events and you’ll see what I mean.

Thanks

Rob

At this point, you can’t showcase multiple categories in the widget by default – however, our dev Jonah may have a suggestion as to how you can hack this together.

As an aside, did you check out our walkthrough on how to fully customize these widgets yet? It may also add some value: https://theeventscalendar.com/how-to-completely-customize-widgets/.

moif
    Participant

I’ll take a look at that but I’m no coder. I’m more of a hack and slash kind of person 🙂

Any suggested hacks would be great, though.

Rob

Sure. Let me see if Jonah, our dev, has any suggestions.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi there,

This is actually fairly involved and will require a good amount of re-working of the widget. I’ll add it to the feature requests because it’s definitely something we should do but it’s too much hacking to post here.

What I would suggest is you use sub-categories for one category that you select for the widget. That way you can still categorize but then select the one category and still pull in events from all the sub-categories.

Regards,
    Jonah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Events List Advanced Widget – Multiple Categories.’ is closed to new replies.