Events layout brokent – display vertically instead of columns

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events layout brokent – display vertically instead of columns

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    hydeaway
    Participant

Started entering events for summer season after a spring break. On the main Events page, instead of displaying in responsive columns, the events display in a single vertical column down the left side of the page.

hydeaway
    Participant

Apparently, the Autoptimize plugin is the conflict. Worked before, but not now. I have these excluded from Automptimize: /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/resources/js/admin-widget.min.js,/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/resources/js/calendar-widget-admin.min.js,/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/resources/js/events-additional-fields-update.min.js,/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/resources/js/events-admin.min.js,/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/resources/js/events-recurrence.min.js,/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/resources/js/tribe-events-ajax-maps.min.js,/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/resources/js/tribe-events-mini-ajax.min.js,/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/resources/js/tribe-events-photo-view.min.js,/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/resources/js/tribe-events-pro.min.js,/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/resources/js/tribe-events-week.min.js,/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/resources/js/widget-calendar.min.js,/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/resources/js/widget-countdown.min.js,/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/resources/js/widget-this-week.min.js

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m glad that you were able to find the source of the issue here, and thanks for sharing your solution! Issues like this do sometimes occur with other plugins that minimize CSS/JS, as we minimize these files within our plugins.

If there is anything else that I help you with, please let me know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

hydeaway
    Participant

Jennifer –
    Thanks for your reply, but you didn’t read very carefully. I found the conflict, but it shouldn’t be a conflict given the fact that I excluded events calendar .js from optimization. So, the problem is not solved.

hydeaway
    Participant

Thought about this some more. Realized, in Autoptimize, I had excluded Events .js, but not .css. So, I exluded .css. Still no luck. I want to be able to use Autoptimize. It should work to exclude Events related files.

hydeaway
    Participant

I’ve narrowed the problem to .js. In Autoptimize, I disabled CSS optimization with JS optimization enabled. Then tried the reverse. It’s a .js problem. BUT, I have all .js excluded from optimization. And it was working previously. Now, suddenly, it’s not. I carefully reviewed the .js files I excluded and they’re all there. Seems like there ought to be a solution to this.

hydeaway
    Participant

Looks like I finally got it to work. I had excluded all .js files by entering a path and filename for each file. I wondered if, maybe, a filename had changed with an update or something similar. So, I changed the comma separated list of Events Calendar .js files to: /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/resources/js/*.*

It worked.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

I believe I did misunderstand your previous post…I thought you meant excluding those files had solved the issue. I’m sorry about the confusion there! I’m glad you were since able to get this resolved! It is possible that a file name was changed or a new file was added in an update. In the future, you can keep an eye out for similar changes in our release notes. Just to make sure, is everything now working correctly?

hydeaway
    Participant

Jennifer wrote:

I believe I did misunderstand your previous post…I thought you meant
    excluding those files had solved the issue. I’m sorry about the confusion
    there!

[Michael] No problem.

I’m glad you were since able to get this resolved! It is possible that a
    file name was changed or a new file was added in an update.

[Michael] That occurred to me, too. I figured using *.* would take care of
    that going forward.

In the future, you can keep an eye out for similar changes in our release
    notes https://theeventscalendar.com/category/products/release-notes/ .
    Just to make sure, is everything now working correctly?

[Michael] Yes.

Michael Lewis

Downhill Media

mailto:[email protected] [email protected]

Post Link:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-layout-brokent-dis
    play-vertically-instead-of-columns/#post-1544131

———–

Please share images through Dropbox or a similar service
    when replying by email.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to a
    help desk ticket on TheEventsCalendar.com.

Please keep the reference number in the subject when replying and
    make sure the reply is addressed to [email protected]

Login and visit the topic to unsubscribe from these emails.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Great, I’m glad that everything is working now. If you run into any other issues, feel free to open up a new thread!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Events layout brokent – display vertically instead of columns’ is closed to new replies.