Events keep changing to Draft

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Events keep changing to Draft

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Juliann Nichols
    Participant

I have imported events from Eventbrite that contain tickets to sell. Last night, I noticed that the event automatically changed to “draft”. I set it back to “live”, and now again this morning, the event is changed back to “draft”. This has happened several times over the last few weeks.

Juliann Nichols
    Participant

I’m not sure I was entirely clear:

After the initial import of the event, everything is Live and working. Then a day, or a couple of days goes by, and for some reason the event gets switched to Draft.

I have to go back into my site, and edit the event status to Live, it fixes the issue, then it happens again a few days later.

Is there any information about what might be going wrong here?

Thanks

Juliann Nichols
    Participant

Another thing worth asking/mentioning – there is one event I have that doesn’t get edited in eventBrite at all, and that stays consistently live.

The events that are changing to draft, get edited in eventBrite to add discount codes and such. If an event is edited in eventBrite does that affect draft vs. live on the WP site?

George
    Participant

Hey Juliann,

I’m really sorry to hear about these issues. We did encounter a bug like this a few versions back, but added a fix for it – it’s possible that another similar bug is causing this, but before jumping to conclusions, I’m curious:

1. What version of The Events Calendar is active on your site?
    2. What version of Events Calendar Pro is active on your site?
    3. What version of Eventbrite Tickets is active on your site?

Next, can you make a close inspection of some the Eventbrite events that you imported – inspect them on Eventbrite.com itself, specifically, if possible.

What are some common settings for these events on Eventbrite? For example, are any of them age-restricted, or lacking tickets, or are “private” events or anything at all? I’m sorry if this is a vague question – just curious if you can think of anything about the events themselves that would make them not fully public…

And finally, for now, just curious: are there ANY Eventbrite events that, after importing into your site, do not have this issue? Or does any event you import from EB, regardless, end up having this weird status-change issue?

All of these details will give us a great foundation for further investigation here – thanks in advance for addressing all the points, and no worries if nothing comes to mind for my second question here.

Thanks!
    George

Juliann Nichols
    Participant

Hi,

The version I have of the plugins is the following:

Events Calender Version 3.11.2
    The Events Calendar PRO Version 3.11.1
    The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets 3.11.1

Info from Debug Bar
    PHP
    MySQL
    Memory Usage
    70,142,152 bytes

wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Main.php:1808 – tribe_get_options is deprecated since version 3.10! Use option_tribe_events_calendar_options instead.
    WP_List_Table->display, WP_List_Table->display_rows_or_placeholder, WP_Plugins_List_Table->display_rows, WP_Plugins_List_Table->single_row, apply_filters(‘plugin_action_links_the-events-calendar/the-events-calendar.php’), call_user_func_array, Tribe__Events__Main->addLinksToPluginActions, Tribe__Events__Main->getLink, Tribe__Events__Main::getOption, Tribe__Events__Main::getOptions

One thing I have noticed is that I have an event imported from eb that is fine, it never gets edited again in EB.

The events where this happens, things such as time, ticket coupon codes, get changed or added. These events are also recurring – I usually import the event, then change the dates within WP to make them recurring.

George
    Participant

Hey Juliann,

I really appreciate your patience with this ticket, and your sharing of all this information and stuff. I’m a bit ashamed to admit that, after all that, the situation here is actually quite simple.

There are two things at play here:

Recurring Events
    I reached out to a developer on our team about this and the fact that your events are recurring indeed will not help here. They should stay live if nothing is edited on Eventbrite.com, but this leads us to the second thing.

Edits on Eventbrite.com
    You wrote this, earlier:

The events that are changing to draft, get edited in eventBrite to add discount codes and such. If an event is edited in eventBrite does that affect draft vs. live on the WP site?

This IS intended functionality, but there could still be a bug. To determine that, the essential question is this: after the status of the event is set to “Draft” on WP, when you set it to “Published” again is all of the new information from your edits on Eventrbite.com transferred correctly to the event on WP? For example, if you go to an event on EB.com, and change its description, or the price of some tickets, when you head back to its equivalent on your WP site, this data should be updated there too once you make it “Published”.

Do you find this to be true?

Or does the event status get set to “Draft” and the event doesn’t pick up the changes from eventbrite.com?

Thank you so much for your patience here Juliann!

— George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Events keep changing to Draft’ is closed to new replies.