Events jumping around in photo view on laptop; also CSS bug in photo view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events jumping around in photo view on laptop; also CSS bug in photo view

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Teresa
    Participant

Using TEC pro and Community Events.
    1. One member of our website team, on a laptop, is seeing the events summaries jumping around (main page, photo view) when scrolling down the page. She’s posted a short video clip here:

Video of jumpy events behaviour

She says it looks fine on her desktop computer and her android phone. It only does this jumping on her Dell 15″ screen laptop.

Any ideas? Someone posted something similar a couple of years ago but there was no real solution, except they switched themes – I can’t do that.

The site is route97.net/events

Using a child theme of Twenty Twelve.

2. After the latest plugin updates I noticed the excerpts in the photo view were only about half the width of the containers, with white space to the right. I checked the inspector and found this CSS rule in tribe-events-full.min.css:

.tribe-events-loop .tribe-events-content {
        float: left;
        padding: 0 5% 0 0;
        width: 60%;
    }

which was causing the problem. Seems like a bug.
    I have overridden it in my theme – but it should probably be fixed in the plugin next version. If anyone else has the same issue, here’s my fix.
    (put in my child theme folder/tribe-events/pro/tribe-events-pro.css)

.tribe-events-photo .tribe-events-loop .tribe-events-content {
        float: none;
        padding: 0;
        width: auto;
    }
    Teresa
    Participant

A bit more info about the jumpy events problem:

The problem is occurring when viewing the site on a Dell Inspiron 5421, running Windows 10, using Google Chrome, and resolution 1366×768. Same problem happens if logged in or logged out of the site.

Teresa
    Participant

OK I was able to solve #1, I remembered we had a Hashtagio feed on all the page footers, and that uses a masonry grid as well, so I thought it might be the culprit (though weird it’s only on certain machines/browsers) – and sure enough, once I removed that from the events page footer, the jumpiness disappeared, at least for the person who was seeing it.

Item #2 would still need your attention though. I also found a CSS problem in the LIST view: the (floated) image and excerpt were stacked, not side by side, and it was because the total width was over 100% (30% for the image div, 67% for the excerpt, 5% padding). Again, I fixed with my own CSS override but that should be fixed in the plugin files.

Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hey Teresa,

Thanks for for reaching out to us and giving us some good detail on these issues!

I’m glad you were able to get that first issue resolved. For these other issues, we have noted these as bugs in our current version and will address them in an upcoming release.

I’ve added this thread to our internal ticket for tracking these and you’ll be notified here as we make progress on them and schedule them for a release.

Thanks!

Geoff

Hey there,

Just want to drop a quick note in here to let you know that Events Calendar PRO 4.2.1 is now available and it includes a patch for this issue. Please update and let us know if you continue to hit any trouble.

Thanks so much for your patience while we worked on this!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Events jumping around in photo view on laptop; also CSS bug in photo view’ is closed to new replies.