Events in wrong category

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events in wrong category

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ross
    Participant

Hi, This is weird, but I will try to explain.

I have a drop down that goes to each category of the events. For Instance I have these categories:

Indianapolis
    Dayon
    Cincinnati

Now, if you click on Indianapolis, it will take you to the events in the Indianapolis Category, displaying in the month view.

The problem is, which never did before is when you click on the next month, example: we are in July, but when you click on the next month “August” displaying in either the classic view header or not, it then displays “August” events.

The only problem is, when you are in the Indianapolis category going from July to August, it displays events from all the categories now.

If you need to view the website is: http://www.seniorsguideonline.com. If you scroll down the page, you will see the drop down on the right that will allow you to select the category to go to: So, lets say “Indianapolis”

Then when you get in there, click on the next month, and you will see events from other categories, Not all, but some.

Please help

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having. There is a bug when going between months in the calendar it does not take into account the category and displays all events instead.

We have a bug ticket to address this ASAP, but I do not have any information on the resolution for this right now.

This thread has been added to our bug report and we will update it once we release a fix.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Ross
    Participant

It’s weird, when you look at the URL after the the ajax spins and goes to the next month, it lists my IP address in the URL.

http://www.seniorsguideonline.com/events/category/indianapolis-in/2015-08/?tribe-bar-date=2015-08&bb2_screener_=1436839995+73.147.73.32+73.147.73.32

I changed up the numbers of my IP for security

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues on the ip address. I have not ever seen that before.

I visited your site, but could not visit any event pages, it would always forward me to the home page.

Please verify the Events Calendar Plugin is active and I can take a look.

Thanks

Ross
    Participant

Hi, I reverted back to version 3.9 for now till we could figure out the bug. You must of went there as I was updating the versions, so That is why it took you to the home page. Version 3.9 works, But, if you need me to put it back I will.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Ross.
    Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Ok that make sense then.

It looks like the bb2_screener query string is coming from a Bad Behavior Anyi-Spam Plugin.

It should be ip address as well in the url and did it wil 3.9 active.

Not sure why that plugin is doing that though.

We will update this thread once we have a fix for the Category and Ajax.

Thanks

Leah

Hi there,

We wanted to check in here and update you on our progress. Although we weren’t able to address your issue in our upcoming release (3.11) we do still have it on our radar. Thank you for your patience while we continue working on a fix for the problem you reported. We will do our best to keep you posted when we have a solution in place. In the meantime, if you need help or find that the issue you reported here is no longer a problem, please feel free to start another thread.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,
    Leah
    and the rest of The Events Calendar team

Geoff

Hey @Shawn! Just wanted to deliver the good news that The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar PRO 3.11.1 shipped today and a fix for this issue was included in the release. Please feel free to update and thanks so much for your patience here while we figured this one out. We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we could fix it. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Events in wrong category’ is closed to new replies.