Events from Facebook pages to WordPress site AUTOMATICALLY don't work!

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Events from Facebook pages to WordPress site AUTOMATICALLY don't work!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    lucaweb
    Participant

Hi,

as i said in the title the imported events from facebook are not automatically published in the event calendar, i can do it just manually!

I set in this way:
    Default status … > Published;

Checked > Auto Import from Facebook;
    Import frequency Twice > daily!

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey lucaweb,

Can you provide me with a link to the Facebook event or Page that you are trying to import from? I’d like to test it here to see if I can replicate the problem.

– Julie

lucaweb
    Participant

This reply is private.

lucaweb
    Participant

.. some news?

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey lucaweb,

Thanks for that info. I’m able to import events from that Facebook Page to my testing site with no problem. However, I haven’t had a chance to test the auto import as not enough time has passed and I don’t believe that any new events have been added.

What I did, and please confirm that you did the same, is to enter “yuccacafe” under Events > Settings > Facebook https://cloudup.com/cxeaYhIXJho and I had the Default Status set to Published and the Import Frequency set to Daily. I then went under Events > Import: Facebook and checked the boxes next to the events from Yucca Cafe to get them published on the calendar. Did you do the same? Are they not on that screen or do they not publish to the calendar?

– Julie

lucaweb
    Participant

Hi Julie,

yes i did all that you say and i can see the box next to the new event from Yucca, but in this way i think it’s the manually way to add the event at the calendar, i need that new event will automatically published, is it possible?

tks
    Luca

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey lucaweb,

Hmmm. I believe I’m able to replicate the issue as the “auto-import” events are waiting to be checked before they are actually imported. I’ve logged this as a bug and we’ll have the developers take a look. Hang tight and we’ll let you know what they come up with. I’m sorry about the inconvenience in the meantime.

– Julie

lucaweb
    Participant

Ok Julie,
    in the meantime i will look for other solutions … waiting some news from u!
    keep in touch
    Luca

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey lucaweb,

Apologies again for not being able to meet your needs at the moment. I’ll let you know when I’ve got something for you.

– Julie

Barry

Hi Luca,

Just to update you here – we did investigate this and auto-import does seem to be functional. It’s possible though that your hosting environment does not allow it (sometimes scheduled tasks – a type of background task managed by WordPress – cannot run) and if that is the case then there is unlikely to be much we can offer here.

Can you provide any details about your hosting package?

lucaweb
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    thanks for good news, i take a look at the plugin and actualy the auto-import seems to work!

tks for support!

Barry

Closing this thread as it’s been quite a while – of course if we can help with anything else please do create a new thread. Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Events from Facebook pages to WordPress site AUTOMATICALLY don't work!’ is closed to new replies.