Events from Facebook generated ical feed not importing with correct timezone

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events from Facebook generated ical feed not importing with correct timezone

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    17milechurch
    Participant

Hi there

I want our Facebook events to auto-update on our Events calendar. Facebook import is no longer working due to API issues, so my workaround was to export ical feed generate from Facebook events, and import this directly into the Events Calendar (scheduled imports).

Other details import fine, however, times appear to be in UTC+0 (not UTC+10 as is correct timezone and correct on Facebook). I’ve read around and believe this is an issue at the Facebook end, but is there a way in the Events Calendar that I can offset all imported event start/end times by +10 hrs?

Thanks

Sky
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out! I will try to help come up with a solution for you.

There isn’t a way to accomplish this built into the plugin. I looked at the various timezone settings, and I don’t think there’s anyway to temporarily “trick” it because the incoming events will still be connected to UTC+0.

I think the only easy way would be to somehow convert the times within the ical file before the import. It looks like the timezone is specified independently of the time, so maybe just a search and replace?

I know that is not ideal, but could this work as a temporary solution?

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks again,
    Sky

17milechurch
    Participant

Thanks kindly

Ruth

Ruth Edwards
    *Worship Pastor **& Administration Manager*
    *Mon-Wed 9am – 5pm*
    *Fri **11am – 5pm*

Sky
    Keymaster

Ruth,

No problem! Please let me know if you have any other questions about this.

Take care,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events from Facebook generated ical feed not importing with correct timezone’ is closed to new replies.