Events Featured Venue Widget Showing Past Events, Out of Order

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Featured Venue Widget Showing Past Events, Out of Order

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    millcreekpark
    Participant

We just noticed that the Events Featured Venue widget is showing events that occurred well in the past, even though future events exist for that venue. We also observed that the past events are not listed chronologically either (not sure if that is an unrelated bug or a related one). Check this page for example:http://millcreekmetro.wpengine.com/visit/places/mill-creek-park/fellows-riverside-gardens/ (Please note it’s the widget that’s embedded in the page body itself titled Upcoming Events, NOT the widget on the sidebar labeled “Upcoming Programs”.)

Barry

This definitely looks like a bug and we’ll aim to fix it as soon as we can (realistically this may not make the very next maintenance release, however). Apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime – and thanks for reporting this!

millcreekpark
    Participant

Realistically, how long could this go before a fix is applied? I know you are all working hard to make it happen, but I have a client who is going live with their new website by the end of the month and the Events Featured widget is a big part of of their venue pages on their site. Could this be weeks, or even months? I only ask as this is clearly a major bug and flaw of the Pro plug-in and as a paying customer, I would expect serious issues like this one which affect everyone to be fixed in a very timely manner.

Barry

Hi millcreekpark,

We definitely appreciate your position and are genuinely sorry for the inconvenience. To give you a sense of when this may be fixed, it is again unlikely it will make the very next maintenance release (due imminently) but quite possible it will make the following one – and we aim to turn out maintenance releases on a rolling monthly basis.

From our side we’d love to jump on this, determine a fix and release it instantly. In practice though we have finite development resources and for each release we also need to perform quality assurance checks on any new bits of code or amendments – this all takes time and the greater the number of fixes we stack into one release the longer, of course, it takes to get that release out of the door.

I hope that gives you some idea of how things will progress and to what approximate timeline – and I will go ahead and close this thread. Of course if you have any other questions or any other issues crop up please do feel free to create new threads as needed 🙂

Thanks!

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, millcreekpark. This is just a note to let you know that we didn’t get a chance to look at your issue for our maintenance release this time around.

While it’s possible we may have inadvertently fixed it in addressing another issue and welcome your feedback to confirm or deny this once you’ve updated, we want to set your expectations.

Rest assured getting this resolved is still a priority for us. We look forward to addressing this as soon as we’ve got bandwidth/resources to allow it.

Thanks for being part of the TEC community!

Leah

Hey there,

I just wanted to let you know that a fix for this issue is included in our upcoming version 3.3. Keep an eye out on your WordPress Plugins page for an update. Thanks for your patience while we worked on this!

Cheers,
    Leah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Featured Venue Widget Showing Past Events, Out of Order’ is closed to new replies.