Events duplicated in Category View — Bug in 3.5

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events duplicated in Category View — Bug in 3.5

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Quentin
    Participant

After upgrading to 3.5, events which belong to an event category that has children, are duplicated when viewing the parent category, for however many children exist, regardless of whether or not that particular even actually belongs in each of those categories.

For example:
    Event Categories:
    Category 1
    – Subcategory 1
    – Subcategory 2
    – Subcategory 3
    – etc.

If an event is added to Category 1, and Subcategory 1, then when you go to view http://domain.com/events/category/category-1/upcoming/ — you will see multiple listings for that event in the calendar (depending on how many subcategories it belongs to). This doesn’t seem to be predictable though. We have 9 subcategories of a parent category, and if you add an even to the parent category, and one subcategory, you will see 4 listings for one event, if you add it to 2 subcategories, there are then 9 listings for one event.

See in practice here: http://willpowermethod.com/events/category/instructor-trainings/upcoming/ Each item is now duplicated 9 times.

Casey
    Participant

egojab,
    Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. I was able to confirm your issue happening in my local environment, so I’m going to open up a ticket for our developers to investigate further.

I’m going to keep this thread open, so I can update you as I have more information on this issue. Thanks and stay tuned! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Dan Miller
    Participant

Also had this problem when updating, hope it gets worked out.

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for confirming @millspublishing. Keep an eye on this thread for updates on this issue. Thanks!

Damon
    Participant

I am seeing this, too, so I am commenting to receive updates on this issue. I believe that these duplications are causing a big slow down on our site, too.

Markus Schagerl
    Participant

I have the same problem. in the category view I’m seeing the events multiple times. hope to get a solution soon. is there a quick fix in the meanwhile?

Casey
    Participant

We just recently release a hotfix (v 3.5.1) which should fix the issue that you all have reported. Please update the plugin and report back here to let us know if your issues were resolved. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Damon
    Participant

Thanks, Casey. I have updated the Events Calendar plugin, and am still seeing lots duplicated entries. When I view in List view and click “Find Out More,” I get a 404 error. The same happens when I click a title in Month view. The link it points to looks like a Permalink issue, perhaps? One that didn’t exist before.

For example, there are five Dinner Service entries for April 2 here: http://www.maplecreekgc.com/maple%5Fcreek/?post_type=tribe_events

Please advise.

Casey
    Participant

egojab,
    I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread.

damon,
    Feel free to start a new thread and someone will help you troubleshoot your specific issue. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Quentin
    Participant

Casey, thanks for the follow up. I am sorry I didn’t respond with a resolution sooner, yes the 3.5.1 hot fix did fix my issue. Thanks again.

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. πŸ™‚

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Events duplicated in Category View — Bug in 3.5’ is closed to new replies.