Events don’t appear in admin listing

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events don’t appear in admin listing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    tomkouri
    Participant

I’ve tried the usual trick of deactivating then reactivating the Events Calendar PRO plugin in WordPress, but still cannot get any events to appear in the admin listing. Here’s the SQL error that’s being logged by the plugin in debug mode:

[Tue Dec 03 12:17:52 2013] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] WordPress database error Unknown column ‘eventStart.meta_value’ in ‘order clause’ for query SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT wp_posts.*, wp_postmeta.meta_value as EventStartDate, IFNULL(DATE_ADD(CAST(wp_postmeta.meta_value AS DATETIME), INTERVAL eventDuration.meta_value SECOND), eventEnd.meta_value) as EventEndDate FROM wp_posts INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships ON (wp_posts.ID = wp_term_relationships.object_id) INNER JOIN wp_postmeta ON (wp_posts.ID = wp_postmeta.post_id) LEFT JOIN wp_postmeta as eventDuration ON( wp_posts.ID = eventDuration.post_id AND eventDuration.meta_key = ‘_EventDuration’) LEFT JOIN wp_postmeta as eventEnd ON( wp_posts.ID = eventEnd.post_id AND eventEnd.meta_key = ‘_EventEndDate’) WHERE 1=1 AND ( wp_term_relationships.term_taxonomy_id IN (4) ) AND wp_posts.post_type = ‘post’ AND (wp_posts.post_status ‘trash’ AND wp_posts.post_status ‘auto-draft’) AND (wp_postmeta.meta_key = ‘_EventStartDate’ ) ORDER BY eventStart.meta_value DESC, IFNULL(DATE_ADD(CAST(eventStart.meta_value AS DATETIME), INTERVAL eventDuration.meta_value SECOND), eventEnd.meta_value) DESC LIMIT 0, 43 made by require_once(‘wp-admin/admin-header.php’), do_action(‘admin_notices’), call_user_func_array, TribeEventsImport->promptUpgrade, TribeEventsImport::hasLegacyEvents, TribeEventsImport::getLegacyEvents, WP_Query->__construct, WP_Query->query, WP_Query->get_posts, referer: http://bioamber-blog.dev/wp-admin/plugins.php?activate=true&plugin_status=all&paged=1&s=

Help!

doxicology
    Participant

Hey MT, I’m having somerthing similar, too. The events are visible on the frontend, but have disappeared from the admin listing. Here’s my debug info:
    – – – – – – – – –
    SAVEQUERIES must be defined to show the query log.
    – –
    TOTAL QUERIES:
    – –
    TOTAL DB ERRORS:
    Database Errors
    – –
    SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT wp_9_posts.*, wp_9_postmeta.meta_value as EventStartDate, IFNULL(DATE_ADD(CAST(wp_9_postmeta.meta_value AS DATETIME), INTERVAL eventDuration.meta_value SECOND), eventEnd.meta_value) as EventEndDate FROM wp_9_posts LEFT JOIN wp_9_postmeta ON wp_9_posts.ID = wp_9_postmeta.post_id AND (wp_9_postmeta.meta_key = ‘_EventStartDate’ or wp_9_postmeta.meta_key is null) LEFT JOIN wp_9_postmeta as eventDuration ON( wp_9_posts.ID = eventDuration.post_id AND eventDuration.meta_key = ‘_EventDuration’) LEFT JOIN wp_9_postmeta as eventEnd ON( wp_9_posts.ID = eventEnd.post_id AND eventEnd.meta_key = ‘_EventEndDate’) WHERE 1=1 AND wp_9_posts.post_type = ‘tribe_events’ AND (wp_9_posts.post_status = ‘publish’ OR wp_9_posts.post_status = ‘future’ OR wp_9_posts.post_status = ‘draft’ OR wp_9_posts.post_status = ‘pending’ OR wp_9_posts.post_status = ‘private’) ORDER BY eventStart.meta_value DESC, IFNULL(DATE_ADD(CAST(eventStart.meta_value AS DATETIME), INTERVAL eventDuration.meta_value SECOND), eventEnd.meta_value) DESC LIMIT 0, 999 /* From [www.ghbc.org/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events] in [N/A] */
    – –
    Unknown column ‘eventStart.meta_value’ in ‘order clause’

Helleman Helleman
    Participant

I have the same issue sinds three minutes. Just when I added a limit to the ticket. Before I just could see the list.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, tomkuri. Sorry to hear that this is happening for you.

Would you mind trying out this snippet: https://gist.github.com/jazbek/6585714

That should help, but please let us know how it goes.

For the others, have you tried deactivating and reactivating our plugins? That often resolves it for users.

Thanks!

Helleman Helleman
    Participant

Hello Kelly,
    Thanks you for your help. I deactivated WP calendar, wp calendar pro and woo tickets. Then activated wp calender and saw the events again. Then activated wp calendar pro and they disappeared again. Deactived pro again and now activated woo tickets and saw the events again. So it seems wp calender pro makes the problem… Do you have an other hint maybe?

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, verahelleman. Thanks for the update.

Would you mind trying the snippet above and letting me know if that changes the behavior? Hopefully, that will do the trick! 🙂

doxicology
    Participant

Hey guys, so my issue turned out to be pretty simple. For whatever reason, Events Calendar was updated to the latest version, while Events Calendar Pro was still hanging out at version 2-something. An oversight on my part. Everything is now updated and working fine. It might be worth checking on your end, too.

Kelly
    Participant

Great news, doxicology! Thanks so much for letting us know! 🙂

milcms
    Participant

Where would we add the snippet?

milcms
    Participant

Ok, added to functions.php file and the snippet worked. The events are showing up again in the Admin View

Kelly
    Participant

Sorry about that, milcms. You’re exactly right about where to drop it in.

SO glad that that resolved it for you! 🙂

Helleman Helleman
    Participant

I found a functions.php file in the theme folder I use. and YES! it worked.
    Can I just update new updates in the future without problems?
    Thank you very much!
    Vera

Kelly
    Participant

That’s great news, Vera. Well done!

This issue with the database is part of a larger picture that we’re working on, but I don’t think at this point that it will make it into the next release. When it is resolved, we will make a note of it in the Release Notes for the update.

Until then, it might be worthwhile to use a Child theme to ensure that your fix isn’t overwritten by any updates to your theme. For more information on using a Child theme, please check out this awesome Codex article: http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

Thanks!

tomkouri
    Participant

@Kelly,
    Got sidetracked but got around to trying the code in the Gist. Awesome, thanks!

Kelly
    Participant

Fantastic news, tomkouri! Thanks for letting us know! 🙂

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we will love it if you would write a few words for us here:
    http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Events don’t appear in admin listing’ is closed to new replies.