Events displayed in the store don't remove themselves when done

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Events displayed in the store don't remove themselves when done

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    getreadingright
    Participant

We like displaying our events in the store so change them all from hidden to visible (would be nice to just set this somewhere so it’s the default behavior). However, once the events are over, they don’t remove themselves from the store like they do elsewhere on the site. Is this a bug? Is there some way to fix this?

Barry

Hmm. I’m not sure that it is a bug as such – but you’re correct in stating that the ticket products aren’t automatically destroyed and nor is their visibility changed when the event ends (ordinarily, since the default behaviour is not to expose them in the catalog at all, this isn’t an issue).

Generally speaking though if you choose to break away from the default set of behaviours there may be other side effects which crop up that you also need to address.

I hope that helps/clarifies things 🙂

getreadingright
    Participant

It might not be the the default behavior to display the tickets in the catalog, but the category shows up by default. Seems kind of silly to display the category if it’s empty. I see others here expressing the desire to display tickets in the store, along with up sells and cross sells, etc. so perhaps you should give people the option to do so in the settings, and have the tickets automatically remove themselves when the event is over.

I’d make a post in the feature requests section, but I’m all out of credits there as there are numerous features missing from this plugin that I have mentioned or voted on.

Barry

We appreciate the feedback 🙂

As there’s not too much more we can do on this occasion and the thread’s not seen much further activity for the last couple of weeks so I’ll go ahead and close it. Of course if you still need help with this or any other issue please don’t hesitate to create a new thread (or threads) and one of the team will be only too happy to help. Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Events displayed in the store don't remove themselves when done’ is closed to new replies.