Events disappear without a trace.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events disappear without a trace.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Robin
    Participant

Having an issue which we cannot seem to monitor. A few weeks ago, the web admin on this site contacted me saying that events had disappeared from the site. I logged in and they had completely disappeared without a trace–not in the trash, anywhere. It was a mix of newly added and older events, both recurring and one time events, but not all of them. She added them back, I poked around and didn’t see anything at all, so we let it be. Just got an email from her this morning, very frustrated as it has happened again. Events are just gone (last I saw, there were over 400 events listed in the admin, now there are 102, so it’s a lot).

The site was launched in August but this didn’t happen until the end of October. Since the issue happens behind our backs more or less, I cannot deactivate all plugins on the site or revert to the default theme long term. I have deactivated The Events Calendar Housekeeper plugin, wondering if that may be the culprit as it deletes expired events without a trace–so similar behavior?

Would appreciate any insight you have on this–the admin is understandably incredibly frustrated and ready to drop the calendar altogether at this point; I don’t want to start from scratch on integrating this for her.

Barry

Hi Robin,

I have deactivated The Events Calendar Housekeeper plugin, wondering if that may be the culprit as it deletes expired events without a trace–so similar behavior?

That certainly isn’t impossible.

Note also the criteria for expired events with that plugin as described on its FAQ page – this is particularly important in the case of long running events (while I wrote it, it is not in fact an officially supported plugin belonging to Modern Tribe and we can’t support it here).

What I’d suggest is leaving it deactivated since it does seem a possible cause of this and then, if you have time, posting a note with details of events that have been removed and the expiry criteria etc on its own support forum.

Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

We seem to also be running into this issue with one of our clients. Events seem to be vanishing without a trace. They aren’t even listed in the events trash. Do you guys know if anyone else has been experiencing this and what the cause might be?

Also, is there any other information you can provide to help us debug this problem? We can’t really deactivate all the plugins and switch to the default theme for more than a few minutes, and since we don’t know when this will happen, that’s obviously not a solution.

Thanks.

Jonathan

Chris
    Participant

Hi there guys,
    Can you try this:
    1. Deactivate and then re-activate Pro. See if your events are back.
    2. If that doesn’t work try dropping https://gist.github.com/jazbek/6585714 into your theme’s functions.php file (minus the <?php ).

Also if you could specify whether you guys are using WP Multisite or not that would be great

Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting back to us and for providing some suggestions. We tried both and didn’t see any change. Any other suggestions?

We also are not using WP Multisite.

Thanks.
    Jonathan

Barry

Hi Jonathan,

Is your problem here the same as that of the original poster (in that you are using The Events Calendar Housekeeper) or is that not the case with you?

Can you share your System Information as provided on the Events > Help admin screen?

Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

This reply is private.

Robin
    Participant

Just checking back in–our events are still all up and running and it’s been over two weeks. So, fingers crossed that the housekeeper was the culprit–although major bummer because that’s a great thing to have, Barry. I’ll check in over there with more details.

Barry

Thanks Robin!

@Jonathan: the next logical step would be to go back to basics by ensuring The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO are both up to date (it looks like they are), deactivating all other plugins and switch to a default, unmodified theme – then see if the problem still persists.

This might help to isolate a conflict. I do appreciate you remarked earlier that this is a tricky process for you to follow, so I’d recommend either doing it in a period of low traffic levels or else within a duplicate environment.

If you have further issues along these lines after having followed those steps please do create a new thread of your own (as your issue is, it turns out, quite different from what the original poster – Robin – reported).

Thanks!

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to pop in here with a quick update. Although we were not able to get a fix for this into our imminent 3.3 release, it is still on the radar for inclusion in a future build. Thanks for your patience!

~Leah

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Events disappear without a trace.’ is closed to new replies.