Events – Custom Fields Missing since 4.8.1 update

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Events – Custom Fields Missing since 4.8.1 update

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Calum
    Participant

The events on one of our client sites used custom fields to display some additional event information.
    Since the last update, custom fields have disappeared from the Edit Event page and there is no option to display Custom fields in screen options. The information on previously posted events is still there and displaying on the front end as it should. It’s we have no way of editing it or creating the same fields for new events,

The option is available on all other content channels.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with the custom ticket fields. I will try to help you get this sorted.

I’m not sure exactly why these are now disabled. They are supported when the post type is created, but there is a filter to allow disabling them which is enabled later in the process somewhere.

In any case, I came up with a snippet that will enable them again. Just add the following to your theme’s functions.php file or a functionality plugin.

/*
    * Re enable custom fields on Events
    */
    add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'my_enable_custom_fields', 500 );
    function my_enable_custom_fields() {
    tribe_update_option( 'disable_metabox_custom_fields', true );
    }

Let me know if that works for you.

I’ll see if I can find out any more information on why those are hidden, and if it’s a mistake, I’ll make sure that it is logged as a bug.

Regards,
    Sky

Calum
    Participant

Hi Sky,

Thanks for your assistance with this. The issue appears to be resolved.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Great! I’m glad that worked for you!

Please let us know if you have any questions or issues in the future.

Thanks,
    Sky

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Events – Custom Fields Missing since 4.8.1 update’ is closed to new replies.