Events Continue to Import After I've Added Them

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Events Continue to Import After I've Added Them

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    Participant

Is there a way to prevent Facebook events from continuing to import? I have many that imported as drafts that I don’t use; others, I do. Both continue to import as drafts, though, which makes it tough for me to see which events I actually need to add — and there’s the problem of having to delete all of these drafts.

Daniel
    Participant

Any solution to his? I have 11 pages worth of drafts, all that have either already been entered on the site or that I’m not going to import to the site.

Rob

Hi Daniel. Thanks for the note here. I assume this is happening during the auto-import, correct? Can you confirm that it imports regardless of whether the ‘earlier’ imported version is still in draft format versus being already published?

I’m not seeing this on my end, but it’d be helpful to have the name of the Facebook account that is problematic so I could recreate your environment as closely as possible. We’ll have our first monthly maintenance release for this plugin out in just about 2 weeks, so if I can get this identified and logged on my end for the devs we should be set to have a patch deployed at that time.

Thanks for your patience so far, and for bringing this to our attention.

Lauren
    Participant

I’m also having this issue.

We have the events set up to tweet every time a new event is imported. Several days ago, I tried to delete a couple of old items. I did so successfully. However, they are still attempting to import every day, showing up as duplicates on the dashboard, and now they are tweeting out as new events every morning. I probably wouldn’t have noticed except for the tweets.

This is one of the events:
    http://www.thinklafayette.com/event/antique-classic-bicycle-exposition-4/

And the corresponding FB page:
    Tippecanoe-County-Historical-Association

And you can start to see the timeline of the import errors if you check out our Twitter feed:

It’s the dozen or so posts that all show up in the wee hours of morning every day for the last week (since I tried to delete several entries on July 1).

Lauren
    Participant

Dummy post so I can receive follow-up emails.

Rob

Hi there Lauren. Thanks for the note here and for explaining the issue; I am definitely seeing what’s going on there and it does look like a bug in the plugin. I’m re-testing on my local machine with another FB page today to be sure but since your site shows the evidence it has been logged for the devs. This as far as I’m concerned is the biggest bug in the plugin right now, and while the fix won’t make it into 1.0.1 (since that’s already completed and launching tomorrow) we’ll have it in the maintenance release coming the first week of August.

I’m also seeing another issue of past events remaining on the list of importable events, which was fixed before launch but must have gotten reverted somehow. I’ve logged that as well.

Thanks for the heads up and for your patience so far. In the interim, it might be good to make any events you don’t want “draft” or “pending review” instead of deleting them outright. I apologize for that inconvenience. Let me know if you need anything else here.

Lauren
    Participant

Rob,
    I have a couple of questions/comments:

1) Is there any timeline for fixing this issue?
    2) I have since turned on the importer for Pending Review only, and I have noticed that if I don’t approve or trash an event that day, it is also duplicating in the “pending review” queue.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!
    Lauren

Leah

Hi Lauren,

I believe that the issue has been resolved in an update since your post. Are you still having trouble with it?

Thanks,
    Leah

james
    Participant

Hi Leahk,

I too have this issue. It just keeps adding facebook events even if its already added. Its duplicating and triplicating …. Events…

Any idea on this fix?

Leah

Hi James,

Can you double check and make sure you’re running the latest versions of The Events Calendar PRO (2.0.9) and Facebook Events (1.0.2)?

~Leah

james
    Participant

Hi Leah,

Yep! Im running those versions.

Leah

Thanks for checking, James. Can you tell me a little more about the problem you’re having? Are you having similar issues as the above users with events that have been deleted or marked pending? Also, are you getting any error messages? Any info you can provide will help us diagnose the problem.

Thanks,
    Leah

james
    Participant

Hi Leah,

The 2 things that are happening are the FB events don’t come in with a picture and i receive this error”picture?type=large&access_token=404935409546807|vzHtzdfYYsK8X2vcliYSxEJvO0c” is not a valid image.

The other thing is that the events that are listed in the Import Facebook Events page are still coming up after you import them.

If i turn on the auto import then the events keep importing event if the event is already in the system.

Leah

Thanks James! We’d had reports of that image error before but not in conjunction with the import issue. I’m going to chat with a dev about this and one of us will get back to you with a substantive answer. Thanks for your patience!
    ~Leah

Leah

Hey James,

I just wanted to let you know that we haven’t forgotten about you. Tim is doing some testing to replicate the issue and figure things out. We’ll be in touch. Thanks again for your patience.

~Leah

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Continue to Import After I've Added Them’ is closed to new replies.