Events Calender Pro language problem

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Events Calender Pro language problem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alexander
    Participant

I’m having a little trouble understanding how the translations work. When I try to translate strings in the language files (.po and .mo) the translation will not show on my website. Some strings are translated before but when I try to translate by myself in the files nothing changes.

Also the links and the url’s are not correctly synchronized. When I click on view this calendar in week mode, or list mode, the url points me to “www.hafsten.se/wp/events/vecka” but that gives me an 404. The correct url is “www.hafsten.se/wp/events/week” and that shows the calendar in week mode.

So the links point to a translated url but the actuall url is not translated. What can i do about that?

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Alexander and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the translations not working properly for you on your website.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Could you tell me which language you are using?

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Normally the translations, should work for everything including the URLs. So it’s a simple matter of finding out why that is not the case on your install.
    I suspect that the issue is that your language’s translation files are not fully updated.

Finally, could you tell me where you store your language files? Under the / WP– Content/ languages / folder? In our plug-ins lang folder?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Alexander
    Participant

I am using the Swedish language. The Swedish .mo and .po files are located in the plugins lang folder. Although I don’t have any Swedish translation files for my custom theme Kleo which is strange because I downloaded the Swedish language pack for my WordPress installation.

I am unable to post my system information as a private post because there is no “Set as private reply” option above the submit button. But both my WordPress and Calendar are latest versions.

How can I fully update my Swedish language files? I also use the Polylang plugin. In backoffice I have installed both English and Swedish. But I cannot find the Swedish translation files for my theme. I can only find the Swedish translation files for the Calendar plugin.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Alexander,

Thank you for writing back. You are absolutely right, it is not possible to use private replies while you are in the translation forums.
    My bad. In the future, You probably will be better off using the Events Calendar Pro forums to have that possibility (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/post/).

The best way to fully update your Swedish language files are:

1. To try the “update catalog from pot file” option, while using the free Poedit software.
      1. To achieve that, you will need to download the /lang/ folder of each of our plugin
      2. Look for your languages .po file and open it
      3. Click on Catalog and choose “update from pot file”
      4. Save that PO file
      5. Repeat for the other plug-in
      6. Upload the files back to your site. Preferably in the /wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder, so that your changes do not get overwritten when you update our plug-ins.
    2. Download the latest files from here: http://translations.theeventscalendar.com/projects
      1. Make sure their filename matches the ones found in your /lang/ folder
      2. Overwrite the current files with the ones downloaded here.

Here’s a manual copy of the updated files: Swedish

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calender Pro language problem’ is closed to new replies.