events calendar/listing by category

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions events calendar/listing by category

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rebecca

Can I embed, via shortcode, a calendar/list on one page for one event category, and do the same on another page with a different category?

For example, I have a client that has three different types of events (concerts, book signings, art openings) and would like to have the page where each of the event type is highlighted to show a list of upcoming events specific to that type – so on the concerts page, only list concerts, on the art opening page, only list upcoming art openings, and so on…

Is it possible to categorize the event by type and via short code embed it on the page?

Thanks.

George
    Participant

Hey Rebecca,

Thanks for reaching out!

What you’re looking for here is sort-of possible if you have Events Calendar Pro – you can use the shortcode [tribe_events_list] and set the “count” attribute to only be 1, and it will only grab one event.

It may not work exactly as you hope, but you should definitely feel free to try – we have a refund policy whereby we can immediately issue a refund in full for any reason within the first 30 days of purchase.

To learn more about that [tribe_events_list] shortcode and how to use it to specify, for example, a category and such as you asked, check out this article here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-widget-shortcodes/

It’s pretty flexible and might work well for you!

Let me know if this helps!

— George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘events calendar/listing by category’ is closed to new replies.