events calendar + WP twentyfourteen + iphone = missing calendar & list view

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions events calendar + WP twentyfourteen + iphone = missing calendar & list view

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Hilary

I consider this a pre-sales question because if something this basic doesn’t work then … And yes I ignored the “use the free forums” because this is I believe signifigant enough that it shouldn’t have to wait til next Wednesday. Feel free to move it so it’s useful to other people or ignore/delete it since I’m not a pro subscriber currently.

• Plugins: So I’ve tested this now by turning off all of the plugins and clearing the iphone cache. Not a plugin conflict.
    • Other themes: The calendar view works on on the iphone if I switch to the twentythirteen or twentyfifteen theme.
    • Twentyfourteen: But switch to the original twentyfourteen theme (with plugins still disabled) and I don’t see the calendar or list view on the iphone.
    • Javascript: I’m not seeing any javascript errors.
    • iPad: Works fine on an ipad (3rd Gen) and an ipad mini (1st gen.)
    • Size alone: AND there are no problems when scaling the site down to a smaller size. Just the iphone (I don’t have an android to physically test on right now.)

So there seems to be a conflict between the calendar view for the plugin and the twentyfourteen theme.

The event listings themselves seem fine (search for “crab cake”.)

Temporary solutions? Permanent solutions? Known issue? I really don’t want to have to switch themes and I’ve never had a problem with twentyfourteen as a base for a child theme before. (And again, I stress, I did in fact test with the unmodified twentyfourteen as well.)

Here’s a link to the site build:
    http://lexcorkandbarrel.com/wordpress/events/

Yes I have reenabled the plugins and the twentyfourteen child theme at this point in time. I need to get back work on some other things on the site.

I use firebug and the chrome dev tools … but I’m not sure what to use to pinpoint on the iphone something this granular on the iphone. Shrinking down the browser window on the computer does not recreate the problem. I’m thinking I need to load Adobe Edge back up and see if I can run some tests on the iphone with that. Even if I find the answer though, you need to know about the problem given that this is a basic WordPress Theme we’re talking about here.

Troubleshooting info:
    – iphone 5s ios 8.4 safari … same issue in iOS chrome even though it’s unlikely that many people will be using that browser but still might help pinpoint the problem. Something in device specific code perhaps.

—-
    And the other piece of info requested (yes this is after I reenabled my child theme… and I did try removing the menu short code as well):

URL

Home

INSTALL KEYS

WORDPRESS VERSION
    PHP VERSION
    PLUGINS
    The Events Calendar version 3.11 by Modern Tribe, Inc.(http://m.tri.be/1x)
    NETWORK PLUGINS

MU PLUGINS

THEME
    LexCork&Barrel 2014 V1
    MULTISITE

SETTINGS
    tribeEnableViews =
    Array
    (
    [0] => list
    [1] => month
    [2] => day
    )
    schema-version = 3.11
    recurring_events_are_hidden = hidden
    previous_ecp_versions =
    Array
    (
    [0] => 0
    )
    latest_ecp_version = 3.11
    last-update-message = 3.11
    earliest_date = 2015-06-20 16:00:00
    latest_date = 2015-06-20 20:00:00
    stylesheetOption = tribe
    tribeEventsTemplate = default
    viewOption = month
    tribeDisableTribeBar =
    monthEventAmount = 3
    enable_month_view_cache =
    dateWithYearFormat = F j, Y
    dateWithoutYearFormat = F j
    monthAndYearFormat = F Y
    dateTimeSeparator = @
    timeRangeSeparator = –
    datepickerFormat = 0
    tribeEventsBeforeHTML = <p style=\”text-align: center;\”>[fdm-menu id=307]</p>
    tribeEventsAfterHTML =
    WORDPRESS TIMEZONE

SERVER TIMEZONE
    UTC

Hilary

PS – and I will feel silly if this ends up being something obvious that I missed…

Hilary

Ok … I think I have found a fix. And there IS an conflict between the Events plugin and the TwentyFourteen WP theme. But it can be fixed in the css.

It’s too late at night for me to review this and tell if it could be condensed more or if there’s a slightly better version of this but you NEED this info available in your knowledgebase / forums for anyone else struggling with getting this events calendar to show up on the iphone with this theme.

This is what I added to my css (added to the child theme css since I don’t edit the original theme files):

/* begin mobile fix for events calendar */
    @media screen and (max-width: 400px) {
    .list-view .site-content .type-page .entry-content {
    display: initial;
    }
    }
    /* end mobile fix for events calendar */

For some reason this was display:none in twentyfourteen.

I’m leaving this thread open because I need to review it in more detail to make sure I didn’t break something else by doing this but I don’t think I did.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Hilary,

Thanks for reaching out to us as well as providing this detailed information about the problem you’re facing. I’m glad you’ve been able to find a solution at this time that works for you for now.

I’m creating an internal support ticket so we can investigate this issue further. If we’re able to replicate, we’ll look into the necessary changes needed on our plugin that will allow us to continue to function fully on the default WordPress themes.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Leah

Hello,

Thank you so much for reporting this. We are happy to tell you that a solution to this issue is part of our upcoming 3.12 release! We are doing the final testing and then the new version will be released. Keep an eye on your dashboard Updates page!

If you experience any difficulty with the update or find that the issue you reported in this thread is not resolved in 3.12, please open a new thread and we can help you. Thank you for your patience and support as we work to improve our plugins!

Best,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘events calendar + WP twentyfourteen + iphone = missing calendar & list view’ is closed to new replies.