Events Calendar Update Causing Issues To Other Plugins

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar Update Causing Issues To Other Plugins

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    verdipro
    Participant

I had a post on: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/events-calendar-update-causing-issues-to-other-plugins?replies=5#post-4738943 & was told to post it on here.

I have placed the main issue again here:
    I use both the event calendar & royal slider on quite a few sites. I noticed when updating today that the events calender when activated does not allow the royal slider to be edited. The screen opens but it is dimmed & nothing can be clicked.

I deactivated all plugins followed the royal sliders creators suggestions (http://help.dimsemenov.com/kb/wordpress-royalslider-faq/wp-admin-area-isnt-working) & found that when I deactivated all the plugins the events calendar was the one to cause the issue.

Any ideas on a fix for this? I use both plugins almost daily & having to change from one or the other is not a feasible option at the moment.

By the way this happens with events calendar & events calendar pro.

Barry

Hi verdipro,

Thanks for taking the time to post here. Can I ask you to share a download link for Royal Slider as a private reply (perhaps by uploading a .zip file to Dropbox or a similar service)?

Thanks!

verdipro
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Thanks Verdipro, this is indeed a bug on our side and so I’ll get it logged and see what we can do here. Thanks for your patience!

verdipro
    Participant

Barry, thanks for getting back to me & the honesty on the issue. Out of curiosity do you see something that immediately shows it is on your end or you spotted that once viewing the code?

In the meantime I am not going to update the plugins until it is resolved. Once it is let me know & I can update to the newer versions. Thanks!

Barry

Out of curiosity do you see something that immediately shows it is on your end or you spotted that once viewing the code?

Once I visited the slider admin screen I noticed at least one CSS file belonging to our plugin being enqueued – and that was indeed overriding a CSS rule belonging to the slider plugin (and consequently caused this problem).

In the meantime I am not going to update the plugins until it is resolved. Once it is let me know & I can update to the newer versions.

Definitely – and I have asked that if the assigned developer can put together a snippet to provide a temporary workaround (not always possible, but hopefully we can do something here) before we fix it in a future maintenance release to let me know so I can pass that back to you.

Thanks for your patience and support 🙂

verdipro
    Participant

Any idea on timeframe regarding this? I have not updated the plugins yet or wordpress to its latest versions. I am holding off on updating until I know that no issue will cause the live site to not work in areas.

Barry

Hi verdipro – we’ve made some changes that should accommodate this scenario and it will be going through the QA process shortly. All things being equal we ought to see this in the next maintenance release, but I’m afraid I can’t offer an absolute guarantee there.

verdipro
    Participant

Any rough ideas on when the release would be? Can I update wordpress to 3.7 in the meantime without causing an issue? I would just hold off from updating your plugin & the other one that I know of that will have an issue.

Barry

We don’t provide dates, even estimates, simply to avoid falsely setting user expectations, particularly when – as here – you are interested in a specific fix which hasn’t yet undergone quality assurance (and so though I’m optimistic I don’t know for sure right now if it will indeed make the next release).

Can I update wordpress to 3.7 in the meantime without causing an issue?

I can’t think of any reason not to. A good practice though is to test locally or in some environment other than that of the live site – that way you can detect any problems without interrupting your service. Of course, having a full and complete backup and knowing how to restore it is also a good precaution here.

Thanks!

Barry

Just a note that our fix has been tested and ought to roll out with the next maintenance release. Thanks for your patience – and I’ll go ahead and close this thread.

Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Update Causing Issues To Other Plugins’ is closed to new replies.