Events Calendar taken site down due to Slow Query

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar taken site down due to Slow Query

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    shinytiger
    Participant

My hosting provide has taken down my site because of slow query and sent me an email with the following.
    ————–
    # Time: 140508 12:20:42
    # User@Host: shinytiger[shinytiger] @ localhost []
    # Query_time: 25.311085 Lock_time: 0.000056 Rows_sent: 1 Rows_examined: 343588
    SET timestamp=1399519242;
    SELECT wp_posts.*, d1.meta_value as EventStartDate
    FROM wp_posts
    ! LEFT JOIN wp_postmeta as d1 ON(wp_posts.ID = d1.post_id)
    WHERE wp_posts.post_type = ”tribe_events”
    AND d1.meta_key = ”_EventStartDate”
    AND ((d1.meta_value = ”2014-12-28 15:00:00” AND ID > 8547) OR
    d1.meta_value > ”2014-12-28 15:00:00”)
    AND wp_posts.post_status = ”publish”
    &nbs! p; &nb! sp; &nbs p; AND (wp_posts.ID != 8547 OR d1.meta_value != ”2014-12-28 15:00:00”)
    ORDER BY TIMESTAMP(d1.meta_value) ASC, ID ASC
    LIMIT 1;

—————-
    Please advise how we can solve this problem. The hosting provider said my site affects the whole server’s DB so they have taken down the site.

shinytiger
    Participant

Please answer me fast, because we pay you in full price????

Barry

Hi: I’m sorry you’re experiencing problems.

Please answer me fast, because we pay you in full price????

Before we look into the problem I just wanted to note that there can often be delays of 24hrs – sometimes 48hrs – before we are able to answer a thread. We do strive to work faster than that and usually manage to do so, but realistically you shouldn’t expect or rely on that.

The hosting provider said my site affects the whole serverโ€™s DB so they have taken down the site.

I’m sorry to hear it. Can you provide any details about your hosting provider/what hosting plan you are on and additionally give me an idea of how many events are currently on your system (if you can also tell me what proportion might be recurring events that would be awesome).

Thanks!

shinytiger
    Participant

The hosting provider is a Korean one. http://www.cafe24.com
    linux centos php5.3 mysql5.1, full SSD, 30G/day traffic volume

They can’t open my site because it’s affecting the whole server so I can not access and count the number of events.
    We have 9-10 events per week. And 7 of them are recurring events.
    We started using Tribe plugin from around January this year(2014) that is integrated into Gameplan theme. http://themeforest.net/item/gameplan-event-and-gym-fitness-wordpress-theme/5936266
    So based on the calculation, about 220 events are created until May and don’t know how many more recurring events are created from June and afterwards.

The hosting company said it has been a problem for months. (The site has been very slow for a long time.) They can only reopen the site when the above query problem(that is related to this plugin) can be solved.

Please advise how we can solve this problem. Thanks.

We have 7 events just this weekend. Many people will be lost on the street without the map and direction on the site. Please help as quickly as possible. Thanks.

Barry

OK, thanks for sharing that information.

Though I realize you note the problem has been there for a while, I wonder if it may have been made worse upon updating to 3.5 (as we did have a bug that increased the number of recurring events). We’ve got details of this and a cleanup plugin here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/release-events-calendar-pro-3-5-2-hotfix/

Can you review that and perhaps even try using the cleanup plugin? Or are you completely unable to access the site/admin environment?

shinytiger
    Participant

Thanks for your help.
    I am now running the cleanup plugin but there were over 15,000 events in total and most of them are duplicates. The plugin merges about 200 events at a time on average and I have to keep running the plugin over and over again.

One thing I want to find out is if I upgrade the Event plugin 3.5.2 and activate the cleanup plugin, the same problem(creating numerous duplicates) will not happen again?

If you’re not sure, how can I prevent this from happening? This is taking forever and very frustrating. Please help this doesn’t happen again.

Barry

The plugin merges about 200 events at a time on average and I have to keep running the plugin over and over again.

Yep, unfortunately in a number of hosting environments it can time out and will need to be restarted – but it sounds like you’ve worked through most of the duplicates which is awesome ๐Ÿ™‚

One thing I want to find out is if I upgrade the Event plugin 3.5.2 and activate the cleanup plugin, the same problem(creating numerous duplicates) will not happen again?

It should not. This was a one time issue that only surfaced in some hosting environments – it certainly shouldn’t become an ongoing problem that occurs each time you update and we’ll do our best to make sure of that ๐Ÿ™‚

shinytiger
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.
    Now it looks like the problem has been solved. Hope it does not happen again. After I wrote the above yesterday, I ran the cleanup plugin again and it lasted for hours. I wasn’t sure it was actually merging all the duplicates for that long time, but it finally did. From over 13,000 events, it all got merged and left about 1,500 events. Not the site is running much faster.

Thanks for your help again.

Barry

I’m glad that worked and our apologies once again for the disruption: this certainly shouldn’t happen in the future – and thanks for bearing with us ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ll go ahead and close this thread but please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed if we can help with anything else.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar taken site down due to Slow Query’ is closed to new replies.