Events Calendar Pro/Headway integration

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar Pro/Headway integration

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jcav606
    Participant

If you would like the development team to try and resolve the Events Calendar Pro/Headway conflict, Please let them know by posting here. Headway dev has asked Events Calendar dev team to work with them. Headway has recently taken Woo Commerce into their core, and I am sure this seemingly minor (and recent) incompatibility can be worked out if the desire is there. The temporary fix is to be sure not to use custom queries on your blog roll, but it still munges the blogroll by not sorting from recent to oldest post.

Barry

Hi jcav606 – thanks for posting.

We are aware that integration with Headway isn’t quite as smooth as it is with many other themes, but what I’d recommend is posting this as a feature request over on our UserVoice page (and anyone else coming across this should do the same/add to jcav606’s request or another suitable existing one) as this is a great metric for us when prioritizing new features and changes etc.

Thanks!

Barry

… Regarding your comment about the Headway dev asking us to work with them – I’m not actually aware of any ongoing communication or recent approaches along those lines. Is there a blog post or statement anywhere that led you to write this? Certainly if they reach out to us, we would be more than willing to engage in a conversation with them 🙂

jcav606
    Participant

I believe what they said was that you should reach out to them as Woo Commerce did and they were able to integrate support into the theme core. I hope this doesn’t become a “pissing match” between who needs to reach out first. I can attest to numerous requests in Headway’s support forum for help in integrating your great plugin into the Headway environment, but maybe it isn’t enough people to warrant you putting this on the agenda. In the meantime I have to downgrade the site I am developing to the Sugar Event Calendar plugin, which is compatible with Headway, and while a nice product, is nowhere near as robust as yours.

jcav606
    Participant

This from Grant at Headway regarding Gravity Forms integration:
    “Comments
    Grant GGrant G Posts: 11,497Support Guru, Administrators
    February 12 Flag

John,
    The reason we have such tight support for Gravity Forms is because the team over at GF worked closely with us to accomplish that.
    If the developers would like the same, it would be very helpful if they would contact us and offer the same.

Barry

Hi John,

We’re definitely willing to investigate this further. I can’t promise anything will happen in the short-term simply due to our existing workload, but it’s great to hear the team behind Headway are open to being approached and we can follow up as necessary from here.

Thanks again!

jcav606
    Participant

Thanks Barry, I understand it isn’t top priority but your event solution is so much more robust than the alternatives that I hope someday to be able to use Event Calendar Pro with Headway, for me one of the most exciting and flexible WordPress development environments on the market today.

Barry

Closing this thread as it’s been quite a while – of course if we can help with anything else please do create a new thread. Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Pro/Headway integration’ is closed to new replies.