Events Calendar PRO – WP Running Slow Since Installation

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar PRO – WP Running Slow Since Installation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

I just added the PRO version and since then my WP site has been very slow, and also showing 500 error pages intermittently. I called my host (GoDaddy) and the issue is not with them. They suggested I add Super Cache plugin and I have done that. It is not as slow and at least the site comes up now, but it is still much slower than before. I plan on listing several hundred events on this site (www.greencountrykids.com). Can you help with this issue? Thanks!

Rob

Hi Andrea. Sorry to hear you’re having issues; this is the first I’ve heard of this but we’ll do what we can to assist. First, the obvious question: have you checked whether the deactivation of another plugin (or your theme if needed) helps with this? It could be that Events PRO in conjunction with something else causes the site to move slow and it’d be good to know what that conflict is caused by if so. Would be good to know. Also: you’re on the latest version of WP, right?

We’ve also had issues specifically with the AJAX navigation between months in grid view taking a long time when there are many events per page, and are fixing that for 2.1, but this sounds like a much deeper issue. Correct me if I’m wrong there. Let me know; since the Events Calendar contains the bulk of the code here and PRO just adds a few extra features, I’d think if one was to have a speed impact it’d be free rather than PRO. But we can keep looking into this for you, and my apologies for the inconvenience in the interim.

Andrea
    Participant

Thanks! I deleted a bunch of plug-ins and changed my theme. I was using Press Works which has a front page edit option and wonder if that is what was killing my speed. Works MUCH better now. Thanks.

I do wonder if you can help me with another question though… Is it possible to add a widget with the Events Categories?

Thanks,

Andrea

Rob

Hi Andrea! Great to hear the first issue got resolved. Thanks for confirming.

What exactly are you trying to do, widget-wise? The PRO release should allow you to filter down by category in the advanced list widget, but unfortunately not the grid widget out of the box. However, maybe this guide to fully customizing the widgets (https://theeventscalendar.com/how-to-completely-customize-widgets/) will help? Let me know if not and I can keep looking into this for you.

Andrea
    Participant

What I am looking for is a widget that allows me to display all the Event Categories only in the sidebar, like I would with tags for posts. I tried the advanced list widget, but cannot see how I can do this with this widget. Is this possible to do? Thanks!

Rob

Hi Andrea. Apologies that this somehow slipped through the cracks. Have you checked out whether the template tag documentation (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation ) points you in the right direction? That’d be my best suggestion if you’re looking for flexibility along these lines. Let me know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar PRO – WP Running Slow Since Installation’ is closed to new replies.