Events Calendar Pro & WooTickets Update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar Pro & WooTickets Update

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ian
    Participant

Hi, we are currently on version 3.9.3 and I have tried a couple of times to update our website to the latest version on the plugins but each time we do it completely breaks the website. Causing both the front and back ends of the site to show blank pages.

Is there a tutorial or anything similar we can use to update as we have tried a few methods to no avail. (We have tried updating as normal and deleting plugins and installing fresh)

Thanks in advance.

Geoff

Hey Ian,

I’m glad you reached out. The update from 3.9 to 3.10 was a big one as was the update from 3.11 to the current version of 3.12.

There are quite a few things to consider when updating, especially if you have customizations to the calendar. Do you have any of those? You can check by heading to your theme directory and looking for a tribe-events folder. It’s also worth checking for other installed plugins or functions in your functions.php file that may customize the functionality of the plugin.

The biggest change was that we refactored the code and updated namespacing. In other words, many of our functions and classnames that worked before are now deprecated and replaced with a newer name.

I would recommend setting up a test environment and checking from there so there is no interruption to your live site. From there, please do read the release notes for the last few releases since 3.9 to see exactly what’s changed and how those may have affected any customizations.

Sorry for the trouble so far, but please do let me know if this helps and if you have any other questions as you review the changes.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Pro & WooTickets Update’ is closed to new replies.