Events Calendar Pro Widget – Popup Issues

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar Pro Widget – Popup Issues

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Pedro

I’m having an issue with the calendar widget where hovering over the events creates sporadic event popups, when moved to another date theone i was just on stays, the new one opens and the last event is still displayed. Please see video at: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49700135/the-events-widget-bug.swf for a clearer demonstration of what I’m experiencing. Thanks in advance!

Rob

Hey Pedro. Thanks for the note and sorry to hear you’re having issues. Any chance you could link me to the live site directly, where I could check this out? Not sure I fully understand what’s up after watching that video.

Pedro

Sure, no problem. Here’s the domain:

http://artmiami.tv

Thanks Rob.

Rob

Ah yes. I’m seeing the issue now; are you using Events 2.0.1, versus regular old Events 2.0? There was a bug in 2.0 related to the calendar widget and which led to some of the problems you’re noting here, but was resolved in 2.0.1.

Let me know. We’ve also got some more extensive tweaks to the calendar widget coming in 2.0.2, so if your issue isn’t resolved by upgrading to the current release, upgrading when the new code comes out later this week should get you where you need to be.

Pedro

We’re using 2.0.1

http://screencast.com/t/r80Zd04qgwGk

Perhaps I just got a bad install? Does it matter if I upgraded to Pro after we were using the free and upgrade the free version to 2.0 then purchased / installed pro?

Rob

Thanks Pedro. The upgrade path shouldn’t be causing issues, no…I’m going to check if our dev Jonah has any thoughts on this, since I’m fresh out of ideas. He’ll respond here directly.

Pedro

Ok great, thanks.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Pedro,

What I can see is that there are a bunch of script errors on the page (http://cl.ly/1A1s2r170m1L051C0J2j) and this is likely a conflict with one of the scripts loaded. I would suggest unloading each script one by one until there are no errors and Events Calendar Pro is working fine again and tyr to pinpoint which plugin or script is conflicting and go from there.

If you can get us this information we may be able to figure out a fix for it but there’s no easy way for us to tell what the issue is without you pinpointing the conflicting script or plugin.

Regards,
    Jonah

Pedro

Thanks Jonah. Let me go through these and see what I can get figured out. I was able to disable all the plugins and flush the cache, still same problem so I don’t think its a plugin. Thanks again, will post results / update.

Pedro

Jonah – After hours of disabling and debugging scripts I can’t seem to find the error thats causing the issue. I’m not a java / jquery person by trade so I’m not overly familiar with console debugging. Any other pointers you can provide or more specific solution for the issue? Thanks again!

Rob

Hey Pedro. Sorry to hear that you’re still having issues. It seems apparent your site has some script conflicts; can you do us a favor and revert back to the 2011 theme with no other plugins active, so we can see if this is actually an issue with PRO? Since you’ve taken the deactivate plugins route my guess is the theme is the culprit here; any chance you can give the default theme a shot?

Pedro

Rob, unfortunately I can’t switch the themes because its in production. I did however upload to our testing domain where I found no problems. I would suppose it is indeed the theme. I will look to the theme creator for troubleshooting the theme and if I still have issues with the plugin I’ll get back to you on this post. Thanks for the help and responses.

Rob

Excellent to hear that’s pointed us in at least the right direction; if after checking things out you still have issues, definitely drop me a line in this thread and we can keep checking what it may be.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Pro Widget – Popup Issues’ is closed to new replies.