Events Calendar Pro widget issue with Directory theme/Tevolution plugin

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar Pro widget issue with Directory theme/Tevolution plugin

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ramon
    Participant

I bought the Directory theme as I wanted to have a good business listing, but their Events plugin is not so far advanced as your Events Calendar Pro, so I brought that one in my theme.

However I have discovered they don’t really work together on the homepage.

Once I have business listings listed through a widget, the Event Listing widget from Events Calendar Pro stays empty. If I switch them around (having the events above it), it works again.

However, this way I can never have the business directory in the main and the events listing in the side bar. The side bar will just stay empty…

A darn pity, because I paid for both.

I was advised to open a new thread and see if you folks could help me troubleshoot this issue.

Ramon
    Participant

Well, let’s close this one up. Templatic just crashed after the latest WordPress update and their widget just disappeared. Must be a coding thing on their end.

Ramon
    Participant

Templatic has restored its themes and plugins so they are visible again as before.

My issue still remains. If I run my event widget above the listing plugin, it shows all events, if I show it after the listings, it shows up empty. But that’s only on the homepage, where I’d like to have business listings in the main frame and the events listed in the side bar.

Any ideas, folks?

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Ramon,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out. I would love to help you figure out a solution.

It’s hard to say why our widget is blank. It could be that their listing query is interfering with subsequent queries on the page, or any number of other things. I would be interested in taking a little time to investigate with a debugger, but to do that I would need a copy of the theme. Would you be interested in emailing us the zipped copy of the theme to support at this website URL? Could you reference this topic and mention that the theme is for Brook. If you can do that I might be able to help you a bit further, otherwise I just don’t have enough information to go on 🙁 .

Cheers!
    – Brook

Ramon
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

Thank you Ramon! The email folks just forwarded me your file. I will give this a test tomorrow and see if I can find a workaround for you. Hopefully a little code will help you get the order you wanted. 🙂

– Brook

Ramon
    Participant

Hurray for the email people! Thanks for your time!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Ramon.
    Brook
    Participant

Hey Ramon,

You’re super welcome! I was giving this a test. It is unclear to me which of the Templatic widgets you are using to display the “business listings”. I do not show a widget named that. Could you please double check what the widget is called in WP Admin > Appearance > Widgets ? I have got the rest setup and ready to test.

Thanks!

– Brook

Ramon
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

Thank you Ramon! I was now able to reproduce this problem and investigate it. It looks the Templatic widget is adding in applicable limitations to other widgets WP Query :

where pm.meta_key ='post_city_id' and FIND_IN_SET( 1, pm.meta_value )

The meta ‘post_city_id’ will only apply to listings in Tevolution’s Directory widget, yet Tevolution is accidentally adding it to other widgets queries including our calendars.

I can see no way to write a snippet that will fix this. 🙁 To be frank, this is not our plugins fault. Their code is running when it should not, and mucking up the works. However, I don’t want you to have purchased something you can not use. So I want to offer you a refund if you are keen on that. The only other options besides a refund would be to ask Templatic to fix this and wait for them to craft a fix. Or, to use a different theme or layout.

Will one of those options work?

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Pro widget issue with Directory theme/Tevolution plugin’ is closed to new replies.