Events Calendar PRO update failure

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar PRO update failure

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sscott201
    Participant

Update of Events Calendar PRO to latest version failed with error displayed in attached screenshot. Hostmaster wants to know what type of compression you are using.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for emailing support and sorry you are having issues with the update. Can you try downloading a fresh copy from your My Account > Downloads page and upload the plugin via ftp manually?

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Brendan

sscott201
    Participant

What worked was:

1. Deactivate and delete prior version of PRO.
    2. Download current version to my computer from your site.
    3. Install current version through upload function on plugins dashboard
      page.
    Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

Thanks so much for posting what works. I will marked this as resolved in case another customer runs into this issue.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Stephen McGrady
    Participant

Hi both,
    Thanks for the thread – I managed to solve the same update issue by following the delete/upload procedure above. However, before using the dashboard upload I tried the manual FTP approach but my ISP blocked the upload with the following message which is worrying:

The file you uploaded, events-calendar-pro.4.4.20.1.zip, contains a virus so the upload was canceled: Zen.BlockedArchive.JS.UNOFFICIAL FOUND

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

Thats weird. It should not say that. Do you have a control panel with a file manager where you can upload the plugin there?

Thanks,
    Brendan

Stephen McGrady
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    I’m not sure I understand your questions, so my answer might not make sense, but, yes, I got the message when I used my ISP ‘s Control Panel upload facility. As I say, when I followed the manual procedure using the WordPress dashboard it worked.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

Interesting. The zip file should not have any malware obviously so that is weird. But if its working, then that is good. Let us know if you run into this issue again.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar PRO update failure’ is closed to new replies.