Events calendar pro : tags and categories in photo view and translation

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Events calendar pro : tags and categories in photo view and translation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sven

Hello,

I have these questions, all related to the Events calendar pro version, the filter bar, and the community events:
    – In the photo view, is it a built-in way to display in each event entry, via the plugin configuration or some templating, a list of the categories and tags associated with the event entry?
    The categories and tags would be in the displayed text content of each entry of the photo view.
    Also, my client would like those categories and tags to act as links to the related category or tag page for other events in the same category or tag scope. Do you have that built-in?

– Is the calendar fully translated or translatable (via .po, .mo files, or any other way) in french?

– Is it possible in the filter bar to display a hierarchy of categories and their subcategories rather than a flat list?

– In the community events plugin, are entries submitted to an editor or logged in user role so it is filtered before publication?

Thanks for your answers.

Sven

Hello,

In my point

– In the community events plugin, are entries submitted to an editor or logged in user role so it is filtered before publication?

I was not clear, i was asking if moderation was possible, and to be more precise, if it was possible to have submissions without having the submitter to login first. I searched your documentation and it seems this need is adressed by the community events plugin. Could you confirm this to me?

Thanks.

Sven

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Hi Sven,

There are many questions here, so I’ll try to address them in order to keep things organized:

In the photo view, is it a built-in way to display in each event entry, via the plugin configuration or some templating, a list of the categories and tags associated with the event entry?

You can definitely do this with some custom templating, which is quite simple. While we do not offer any support for customizations here on the forums, we do have some pretty extensive documentation on how to make custom views fro events from right within your theme → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/?source=tri.be

Once you learn the basics of customizing Events views with that, you could then use our function tribe_get_event_categories() however you’d like to display those categories – learn more about this function here → https://theeventscalendar.com/function/tribe_get_event_categories/

Also, my client would like those categories and tags to act as links to the related category or tag page for other events in the same category or tag scope. Do you have that built-in?

Yes, this is default functionality for events tags and categories.

Is the calendar fully translated or translatable (via .po, .mo files, or any other way) in french?

Yes. You can see all available translations here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/available-translations/

Is it possible in the filter bar to display a hierarchy of categories and their subcategories rather than a flat list?

I don’t quite know what you mean by this, but if you’re referencing our Filter Bar add-on specifically, you may be able to find your answer by looking at screenshots and the video for it here → https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-events-filterbar/

If this information doesn’t help, can you clarify exactly what you mean here?

In the community events plugin, are entries submitted to an editor or logged in user role so it is filtered before publication? [is it] possible to have submissions without having the submitter to login first. I searched your documentation and it seems this need is adressed by the community events plugin. Could you confirm this to me?

Yes, we have an option called “Allow Anonymous Submissions” that you can check if you would like this functionality, it will allow submissions from anyone who visits your site regardless of whether or not they have an account or are logged in, etc. → https://cloudup.com/cnE0O-jpziA

Hello, last thing, i saw somewhere (i can’t find it again) that you apply a different price per year after the first year if the licence is bought again. Could you give me details about your price policy for licence renewal and grouped byings if you have one : like do you apply reductions if more than one product is bought in the first year or the years after that?

While there are no discounts for group buying, for any license, the renewal discount is 30% off the original price.

Let us know if we addressed everything here Sven, cheers! 🙂
    George

Sven

Hello George,

Thanks for your explanations, which solve my case study of your plugin.

Concerning the point:
    Is it possible in the filter bar to display a hierarchy of categories and their subcategories rather than a flat list?

I was trying to see if categories listed their subcategories or if all categories and subcategories were displayed at the same level. But it was more out of curiosity than out of a specific need.

Have a good day. And thanks again for your kind and professionnal answer.

George
    Participant

Hey Sven,

Thanks for clarifying what you mean there – subcategories will show up and work for filtering within our own Filter Bar add-on, but not without it.

Best of luck with your site!

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Events calendar pro : tags and categories in photo view and translation’ is closed to new replies.