events calendar pro – sort by location

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions events calendar pro – sort by location

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joe
    Participant

hi there, thinking of adding pro. Is it possible to filter by location, e.g. “select county”. Also could each county be classed as a category, thus have its own RSS feed? What I need is for people to be able to subscribe to an RSS and get notifications about events in their area.

Geoff

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the forums! I see you have a few other threads open and we’ll do our best to get to those as quickly as possible. 🙂

Great questions. Yes, it is possible to create your own custom fields in Events Calendar PRO, which can then be added to Filter Bar, which I see you already have purchased. That would allow guests to filter your calendar by county, should you use County as a custom field.

And, yes, you can also use Event Categories to categorize events by the name of a specific county. The calendar does include an RSS feed that gusts can subscribe to for a specific category. That URL, for example, would follow this format:

[your-site]/events/category/[category-slug]/feed

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Joe
    Participant

Yep thanks Geoff, will purchase pro and give this a whirl!

Geoff

Heck yeah, thanks Joe! Thanks for giving PRO a try. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘events calendar pro – sort by location’ is closed to new replies.