Events Calendar Pro – Next Month Links Not Working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar Pro – Next Month Links Not Working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    dkiessling
    Participant

Our client filled in the February calendar and everything worked well. Today she entered the March events. When clicking on the March link at the bottom of the page the link redirects you to the February calendar instead of the March calendar. I looked through the March listings to see if I could identify any invalid arguments. I found listings scheduled on 3/14, 3/21 and 3/25 where the event had inadvertently been scheduled to reoccur the same day it expired. I fixed those settings but it didn’t seem to fix the problem.

If you manipulate the url to http://barrancoclinic.com/hours/2014-03/ you can get the March listings to show.

See: http://barrancoclinic.com/hours/

Robert Brown
    Participant

This is happening on my calendar too. The links at the bottom will not change the month, but the ‘Date’ option at the top of the calendar works.

timersys
    Participant

Seems a common bug. We also can’t change months in the month view

timersys
    Participant

Ok I fixed by adding <?php body_class(); ?> to my body tag

juniorstatesmen
    Participant

We’ve got the same problem. Where exactly did you add this tag?

Also: Our widget is not showing more than one event. We’d like it to show at least 3, even if they’re not in the same month. Is this possible?

Kelly
    Participant

Great question, dkiessling! Thanks for bringing it up, especially since it looks like many users are experiencing the same issue.

As timersys had deduced, this is an issue with your theme and body_class(). Please give that a shot and let us know if it works for you.

We are looking into revising our dependence on the presence of the body_class() function in themes to avoid this issue. For the time being, it’s a reasonable expectation of ours that themes will follow certain standards. If and when this happens, it will be noted in the version release notes.

juniorstatesman, we do our best to keep threads to one issue each. The short answer to your question is that it would be a bespoke customization. In the future, please start a new topic if you have something else to discuss. Thanks! 🙂

juniorstatesmen
    Participant

Thank you, @Kelly. Can you help explain our first concern a bit more, though?

Where exactly should we insert this bit of code to make the forward and back buttons work for advancing events? From other entries in this forum, it seems the recommendation is to place it in the header.php, but this already exists in our code.

Our calendar displays in the column of a few of our pages, including the home page: http://192.254.129.72/~alumni1/

Rob

Hi guys – Rob here. Just wanted to check in with you: Kelly is unfortunately out this week due to an unexpected situation, so I figured I’d personally step in here to apologize for the fact that this one has slipped through the cracks. I’ve reassigned this ticket to my more technical colleague Brook, who will get you a reply here within 24-hours max.

Thanks for your patience and our apologies for the delay here.

dkiessling
    Participant

Just looking for a little guidance… where do we place the
    <?php body_class(); ?> tag

Here is our list:

Footer
    (footer.php)
    Theme Functions
    (functions.php)
    gantry.config.php
    demostyles.php
    styledeclaration.php
    typographyshortcodes.php
    Header
    (header.php)
    404 Template
    (html/404.php)
    Archives
    (html/archive.php)
    home.php
    Main Index Template
    (html/index.php)
    Page Template
    (html/page.php)
    Search Results
    (html/search.php)
    Single Post
    (html/single.php)
    Main Index Template
    (index.php)
    breadcrumbs.php
    copyright.php
    links.php
    loginbutton.php
    loginform.php
    logo.php
    resetsettings.php
    totop.php
    viewswitcher.php
    Styles
    Stylesheet
    (style.css)
    RTL Stylesheet
    (rtl.css)

bassodesigngroup
    Participant

We have the same problem and also need to know where to place this tag so we can fix this ASAP. Thanks!

Brook
    Participant

Howdy guys,

Sorry for the delayed response here, there was a bit of a mixup on our end.

WordPress has some great examples of how to use the body class in their documentation. Usually it goes in header.php, but as you can see in the examples it has to be called within the <body> tag itself as it creates the class attribute. Furthermore, if your body already has a class then you will likely need to add that class to body_class. Again, WordPress has great documentation for this and it is all that link.

Does that make sense? Please let us know if that worked for you? If not, can you give us a link to a page or site where you have added the body class, so I can examine it further? Cheers!

– Brook

juniorstatesmen
    Participant

This reply is private.

bassodesigngroup
    Participant

Sorry but that doesn’t make sense to me. This is my current body tag in header.php:
    <body class=”learn-page”>

Can you just tell me what I have to edit to make it work?

Thanks.

Brook
    Participant

So juniorstatesmen, could you please open up a new topic? If adding the body class is not fixing it for you, your issue is completely unique from the original. Furthermore, when you open a new topic it will ask you for necessary information, like the working URL for your current site (which is private so only the Staff sees it). Also, it helps you get timely responses since you will have a staff member dedicated to your questions, instead of one staff person split multiple ways. FYI your current code looks solid, the only way we could further diagnose the site is to see it live. So if you can provide a working link in the new thread that will be a huge help. Thanks!

bassodesigngroup, you would want to replace that code with <body <?php body_class('learn-page'); ?>>. If for some reason that does not work for you, then my advice would be the same as it was for juniorstatesmen. Opening a new thread and divulging as much information as you can will help us assist you in the quickest fashion possible. Thank you as well.

dkiessling, please let us know if the body_class solution worked for you. If so we can mark this thread as resolved and thus stop spamming your inbox with replies. If not, I definitely want to help you further. Can you let me know where you are at? Cheers!

– Brook

dkiessling
    Participant

We got it working by adding the body_class solution to the header. For some reason the fix killed out the logo at the top of the page. We fixed one problem and created another :>) We’ll pester the support folks over at Rockettheme to see if they can help us with the missing logo.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Pro – Next Month Links Not Working’ is closed to new replies.