Events Calendar Pro crashes MySQL

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar Pro crashes MySQL

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Thomas
    Participant

Hi,

we have a managed Server with the following configuration:
    i7-3930K
    64GB RAM

The Events Calendar Pro crashes our database with queries like this:
    | 980786 | database | host | user | Query | 735 | Removing duplicates | SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT wp_posts.*, IF (wp_posts.post_type = 'tribe_events', wp_postmeta.meta_value, wp_posts.post_date) AS post_date, tribe_event_end_date.meta_value as EventEndDate FROM wp_posts LEFT JOIN wp_postmeta as wp_postmeta on wp_posts.ID = wp_postmeta.post_id AND wp_postmeta.meta_key = '_EventStartDate' LEFT JOIN wp_postmeta as tribe_event_end_date ON ( wp_posts.ID = tribe_event_end_date.post_id AND tribe_event_end_date.meta_key = '_EventEndDate' ) WHERE 1=1 AND wp_posts.post_type IN ('post', 'tribe_events') AND (wp_posts.post_status = 'publish') GROUP BY IF( wp_posts.post_parent = 0, wp_posts.ID, wp_posts.post_parent ) ORDER BY post_date DESC LIMIT 0, 10

We have about 100 events, one recurring event and 100.000 posts.
    Any ideas?

Thomas
    Participant

Me again…

I was playing with database backups and can reproduce the error:
    This happens everytime when I create a recurring event.

Thomas
    Participant

And once again:

this happens not, when a new recurring event is created. This only happens when I edit an event that lasts several days and transform it into a recurring event.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having. I can help out.

So it happens when you have a event that runs multiple days and try to turn it to a recurring event?

But not on recurring events initially created?

What if those new recurring events are on multiple days? Do those work?

In 3.10 we added some new coding to better process recurring events in batches. That sounds like it might help in this instance.

It is not released yet, but it is in beta if you would like to try it out.

http://m.tri.be/vy

Let me know.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

I am going to close this topic as we typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Pro crashes MySQL’ is closed to new replies.