Events Calendar Pro Content not Synched to Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar Pro Content not Synched to Calendar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bill
    Participant

New client install of Event Calendar Pro. They report a situational ‘bug’ where calendar content does not match the calendar month listed.

How to produce the ‘bug’:
    1 – Open Event Calendar to the current month view
    2 – Click the navigation (at the bottom of the calendar) to go to the next month
    3 – Open an event item (a post)
    4 – Hit the BACK button on the web browser, to go back to the MONTH view
    5 – You will get the correct Monthly (the month you previously looked at) but the calendar items will be for the current month (today’s month), not the month you are looking at.

Attached is a screenshot of the problem.

Cliff

Hi, Bill. I couldn’t replicate this issue when using Twenty Seventeen theme.

Here’s my testing video: https://cl.ly/3l2T1n2u0V3a

One thing that’s different is our Permalinks. I’d suggest seeing if the issue remains when your site has Pretty Permalinks.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Bill
    Participant

I tried what you recommended, changing the PERMALINKS so they are ‘Pretty Permalinks’ but it didn’t fix the problem.

I did more testing and found what might be the ‘root cause’ of the problem.

Our current configuration is a “Calendar” Page that uses the [tribe_events] shortcode to display the calendar:

Calendar

I tested using the “Events” link and I CAN’T reproduce the problem.
    It works fine if I use:
    https://www.dabr.com/events/

So, using the shortcode, the date is passed as a query string through the URL:

Calendar

I tried setting the view in the shortcode [tribe_events view=”month”] but it did NOT fix the problem.

If I try to use the /events/ SLUG then I lose my page style control. I prefer NOT using the STYLE option in the SETTINGS of the Events Calendar plugin.

Is there something more specific I can pass through the URL so the shortcode gets the right month?

Cliff

Thanks for your efforts here. I’ve reported this issue to our developers and have marked this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

You might want to consider the following workaround:

1. delete the WordPress page at “calendar” slug
    2. change wp-admin > Events > Settings > Events URL slug from “events” to “calendar”
    3. implement the page title and header image thing at the top of the calendar

Please let me know if this workaround isn’t possible for some reason.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, in which we are not able to reproduce this issue anymore.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-27-may-2018/

Please update the plugins and see if it works for you. Don’t hesitate to open a new topic if anything comes up.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Pro Content not Synched to Calendar’ is closed to new replies.