Events Calendar Pro causing probs with Tag Cloud url?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar Pro causing probs with Tag Cloud url?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Donald

I recently installed The Events Calendar Pro and really like it so far, but noticed an issue I hope you can assist me with.
    The slug for Events Calendar events is “events”. I noticed that when I added a tag cloud and click on one of the tags in the cloud, I get a 404 error. If I go to a post and click on the same tag, it goes to the correct page. Upon investigation, the urls are different when the tag is clicked in the post and when clicked in the tag cloud. The tag cloud has “events” in it, even though it is not an event, it’s just a regular post. When I change the Events slug to something else, the tag cloud url now has that slug in its url and again returns a 404 error. I have rest my permalinks, saved and set it back again, but no luck. Pls help. I would like to be able to use The Events Calendar and a working tag cloud on my site. Here is my url: http://tkoconsulting.net/sites/yuwsctest/blog/
    Thanks!

highasp
    Participant

Phew! I’m in the middle of trying to research this same exact problem. Thanks for posting – now I know I’m not alone!
    I also have my slug set to ‘events’ and when on the calendar or on a single event page all the links in my tag cloud (which work on all other pages and post pages) go to 404 because they are trying to go to /events/tag/tagword.
    I have tried changing my permalink structure to default which caused the tag links to go back to my home page instead of the 404, but still not load the tag posts.

highasp
    Participant

Sorry forgot to mention that I’m running ECP Ver 2.0.6 & WP Ver 3.3.2

Donald

anyone have any ideas about this?

Joyce Grace

Hi everyone,
    Yes, you are right about this – this is a bug we were able to re-create and will work on fixing this for the next release, which will be in first week of July. It should be ok by then, as long as we don’t have any huge dilemmas (which is unlikely). I’m really sorry about this! Do let us know if there is any other way we can help.

highasp
    Participant

Thanks for the update! I look forward to the next release.

Rob

Thanks for your patience, Elizabeth. Sorry for any inconvenience in the interim. Please reach out if we can do anything else.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Pro causing probs with Tag Cloud url?’ is closed to new replies.