Events Calendar Pro and Yet another Recurring Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar Pro and Yet another Recurring Events

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    lucassaldanha
    Participant

Hi, I’ve bought Events Calendar Pro after trying to use the free version. I’ve saw that the free one would not fit my needs since I would need recurring. Then I’ve bought but it appears that the same problem remains.
    What I’m after it’s not a customization and I don’t know if it’s a bug.

I have a training the it’s a 3 day course, beginning each day at 9:00am and ending at 6:00pm for example.
    With the recurrence option I’m not able to do that. I can only make something starting 9am on the first day and ending on the 6pm on the last one, but this is not what it is!
    What to do?

Barry

So do you mean you have a course that takes runs from Thursday until Saturday, 9am-6pm each day, and then the same pattern repeats two weeks later?

Barry

(Thursday-Saturday simply being an example, of course 😉 )

lucassaldanha
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    Yes! But in fact I don’t mind the pattern repeating (and I filling manually, of course would be better not to, but…). The main problem is repeatency inside the same event/course.
    I cannot configure events like your exemple: Thursday until Saturday, 9am-6pm each day. I can only insert 9am on Thursday and 6pm on Saturday. Which is not the same thing! The other way would be to put one in Thursday from 9am-6pm and choose repeat each day until saturday, but this would mean that these are separate events and will be charged individually with Wootickets and Woocomerce.
    What to do?
    Regards,

Barry

OK, can you try something like this:

* Start Date: 02 May 2013 @ 0900
    * End Date: 02 May 2013 @ 1800
    * Recurring: Every Day ending on 04 May 2013

Does that work for you?

Barry

Just to clarify:

…but this would mean that these are separate events and will be charged individually with Wootickets and Woocomerce.

Actually no, WooTickets does not support or understand recurring events.

So if a ticket is bought for the instance of the event on 3 May then they have effectively bought it for the whole series.

How you communicate that to your customers is a different challenge, but in principle that may work for you if I’m understanding things correctly.

lucassaldanha
    Participant

Hi Berry,
    Since is everything in the building at the moment I’ve thought it would be different tickets.
    I other words, if some lost student wen to my website and bought the event on the 03 of may they’ll think that it starts that day and that it’s just one day.
    By the way, how can I modify the info shown to include the repeatance?
    In other words: If I use your solution above, how can I show the info of the other recurrency that are in the same “bundle” or actually the same event?

lucassaldanha
    Participant

Barry?

Barry

Sorry for the delay – I didn’t see your replies coming through, please accept my apologies as we do strive to reply within 24 hrs (or at least on the next working day).

I other words, if some lost student wen to my website and bought the event on the 03 of may they’ll think that it starts that day and that it’s just one day.

Indeed, so you’d need to communicate otherwise – whether by editing the event description or some other means. Again, WooTickets does not support recurring events so, if you do choose to use it with recurring events, these are problems you’ll come up against and have to resolve in a way that makes sense to you and your customers.

By the way, how can I modify the info shown to include the repeatance?

We do have a template tag that may be useful here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-pro-template-tags/#functiontribe_get_recurrence_text

If you are unfamiliar with template tags then you will probably want to read up on our Themer’s Guide first of all.

lucassaldanha
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Barry,
    So to avoid all the problems maybe it’s not the best NOT using recurring events? In fact I don’t need to. But my events occurs on 2 or more days in a row but with time interval. How can I do this without using recurring?
    I think that would be the best way.
    An exemple:
    In the create events page you can have a field of how many days and the hours in each day. Simply and neat.
    Is this possible?
    Regards

Barry

I don’t believe you can do quite what you want other than by being creative and creating independent events on each day for the appropriate times.

You won’t be able to create a single event that covers more than one day unless it is for a contiguous, unbroken period of time.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Pro and Yet another Recurring Events’ is closed to new replies.