Events Calendar Pro and different themes

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Events Calendar Pro and different themes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jim
    Participant

We had a WordPress Theme (GeoPlaces) and Events Calendar Pro working on a server just fine. Recently we had to move to a new server which required new installs of the themes, plugins, etc.

Events Calendar pro seems to work well with the default WordPress theme, but not the GeoPlace Theme now. We’ve uninstalled, upgraded and tried every trick in the world to make it work like it once did on the old server. And by not working, I mean we get a 500 server error.

Can anyone offer anything to try to get these two to work together like they once did? Desperately need some help here.

Joyce Grace

Hello Jim,
    This was a fascinating thing for me to read last night, and I went to my peers to try to find the best solution for you to figure out why this is happening.
    It could be the memory of your site (this is Jonah’s hunch), but just to be sure, can you try to go through all these steps, if you haven’t already, to see if any of them work? Especially if you have installed new plugins lately, it could be the problem. This type of thing happened to me recently where I had to de-activate WordPress Firewall 2 in order to get a contact form to work. So it’s most likely something that will be solved by one of these procedures:

1. Are you running the latest version of WordPress.
    2. Are you running the latest versions of our plugins (2.0.7)
    3. Have you tried deactivating all other plugins to rule out a conflict?
    4. Have you tried reverting to the Twenty Eleven theme to see if it’s something with your theme?
    5. Try setting your permalinks to ‘postname’ in Settings > Permalinks
    6. Try refreshing your permalinks by visiting Settings > Permalinks (it does it automatically)
    7. Try increasing the PHP memory for your website: http://www.dailyblogging.org/wordpress/increase-wordpress-memory-limit/

Do let me know how it goes!

Joyce Grace

Hello again Jim, I forgot to mention, if all of the above do not work, can you try to turn on WP_DEBUG to see if you get any PHP error messages that might be there (related to the theme, WordPress, the plugin, etc.)? This can give a lot of clues sometimes 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Pro and different themes’ is closed to new replies.