The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO 2.0.3 Is Live

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO 2.0.3 Is Live

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Rob

Just a heads up that as of this afternoon, The Events Calendar 2.0.3 and Events Calendar PRO 2.0.3 have both been released. They aren’t too heavy on new features, but include a lot of bug fixes for problems introduced either in 2.0.2 or WP 3.3.1. You can check out the full blog post for more, but in a nutshell, here’s what it contained.

Small features, UX and Content Tweaks:

• Incorporated tribe_get_custom_field() to code base as per this forum thread
    • Code updated to account for additional translation strings, as per this forum thread
    • Made the $sep param of TribeEvents::maybeAddEventTitle() optional

Bug Fixes:

• Organizer data can now be changed on an already-published entry in core
    • tribe_get_start_date() fixed
    • Future instances of custom recurrence no longer display inaccurate start/end times
    • In views/single.php on lines 58, 60 & 62, changed tag to The Events Calendar
    • Removed instances where organizer data displayed as event title for some users
    • Changes made to custom fields under Settings -> The Events Calendar now take effect upon save
    • Non-U.S. states and provinces now save correctly
    • General fixes to improve how default venues/organizers function and are modified
    • Addressed various PHP notices

As always, if you notice that any of the issues presumed fix in the list above are still giving you problems, please let us know. Don’t forget to update BOTH versions of the plugin so you are consistent with 2.0.3 for both versions. There are likely issues that will arise from running the plugins out of sync.

Thanks again for your patience. Next, it’s on to 2.1.

Sean
    Participant

Hello,
    I am a new user of your Calendar PRO (since December 2011).
    Since upgrading to 2.0.3, the links to newly added events are not working. For specific examples:

Jan. 25: Winter Glamour party: http://murphguide.com/event/the-winter-glamour-party/
    Jan. 20: B Street Band: http://murphguide.com/event/b-street-band-at-saloon/

Can you look into this please?
    thanks,
    Sean.

Rob

Hey Sean. Thanks for the heads up. I’m unable to recreate this on my end; is it possible you’re running the two plugins out of sync (ie Events Calendar on 2.0.2 but PRO on 2.0.3)? And, have you checked whether another plugin could be conflicting here?

Let me know and I can keep looking into it as needed from there.

Jaki
    Participant

Hi there Rob,

This is Sam from Arrow Root Media. My company is building a site for a client that heavily relies on the Events Calendar Pro Plugin, but every time the client tries to edit events on the back end they receive this error message:

Script: http://www.communityanswers.org.php5-25.dfw1-2.websitetestlink.com/wp-admin/load-scripts.php?c=1&load=jquery,utils,thickbox,farbtastic,quicktags&ver=784c81dd11f0f7556f14720f6f0eeeee:2

Here is the site we’ve created:
    http://www.communityanswers.org.php5-25.dfw1-2.websitetestlink.com/
    un: eventspro
    pw: eventspro

Here is a direct link to the events area:
    http://www.communityanswers.org.php5-25.dfw1-2.websitetestlink.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events

What we did for this site was convert a POSTGRESQL database to MYSQL, and plug all the event information into the site using the EVENTS CALENDAR PRO Plugin. When we used the P3 Plugin Profiler to show which plugins were using the most resources it told us that the EVENTS CALENDAR PRO & ADVANCED CUSTOM FIELDS plugin were using the most resources. The timeout errors we usually come across, as I wrote earlier in this message, happen when we click on any events. Currently, there are 1,572 published events in the system. Can you please let us know any way we can speed up the system, so it doesn’t constantly crash for our clients? Thanks.

Sam Frank
    Project Manager
    Arrow Root Media
    http://arrowrootmedia.com
    [email protected]

Rob

Hey Jaki/Sam. Thanks for the heads up; we received this, as well as your email, and have a dev looking into it now. In the interest of getting you as timely a response as possible – and so other users can benefit from the exchange if they have similar problems – we’ll respond directly here in the forums (rather than via email). We’ll get that in here shortly.

Jaki
    Participant

Thanks, Rob!!!

Joey Kudish

Hi Jaki,

I’m the dev who’s looking at your issue.

* I just logged in and I wasn’t able to recreate any errors after poking around for a few minutes. Is there anything specific to do to recreate the errors you are seeing?
    * Please delete the eventspro account or at least change it’s password, anyone on our forums can see your username and password, which I am certain is not something you want. If you want us to have access to the site, please email your credentials to [email protected] – very important! 🙂
    * A word of caution for any “profiling plugin” – while I am not familiar with the specific one you are using; in my experience the vast majority of such plugins add more overhead than they save you. I would advise against using them. It also seems that the one you are using is made specifically for Go Daddy hosting, but you are using Rackspace, so the results may not be conclusive. Finally, yes, both our plugins currently add the most overhead to your site, but considering the other plugins you are running are smaller, it’s perfectly normal. The amount of runtime seconds that the profiler is reporting isn’t high and falls in our usual benchmarks. Your total plugin loading time is 0.626 which is quite within norms.
    * Finally, I noticed that you are running version 2.0.2 of our plugins. Can you upgrade to 2.0.3 to rule out the possibility that we’ve already fixed the issue(s) you are experiencing?

As I said, I wasn’t able to recreate the issue(s), but we are ready to help if you can first upgrade to 2.0.3 and then provide further details 🙂

Thanks & have a great day!
    Joey

Jaki
    Participant

Hi there Joey,

I just sent new credentials to [email protected]. Can you please log back in with those credentials and try to reproduce the error on the back end again? If you go into the individual events you will notice that things are running really slow. Our client cannot even add or edit events on the backend because their machine keeps timing out. I had to give them remote access through my machine to do a QA check on the data that’s being pulled in. We want to use this plugin very much, but we are currently at a standstill because of this issue. Thanks again for all your time.

– Sam (I work with Jaki at Arrow Root Media).

Joey Kudish

Hi Jaki & Sam,

I’m going to get the credentials from Rob and one of us will take a look asap. We’ll keep you posted shortly!

Cheers
    Joey

Joey Kudish

Hi Jaki & Sam,

I just logged in with the provided credentials. I was in fact able to see the slowness in the backend; thought the site did not time out for me.

There is no evidence pointing to the fact that The Events Calendar plugin is the culprit here. All of the backend is slow, not just The Events Calendar management. This is most likely caused by a conflict with your theme or another plugin, or possibly just a bad plugin.

I would recommend first updating all of your plugins since some of them have outstanding updates. Next, try disabling them one by one to see if the loading pick up. FInally, try reverting back to the Twenty Eleven or Twenty Ten theme to see if that fixes it.

I noticed you are running on Rackspace, and I should point that many of our clients run our plugins just fine on Rackspace servers. Including my own and client sites as well. Not to mention this (tri.be) site!

Let us know if we can be of further assisantce

Sean
    Participant

Hi Rob,
    I am referring back to my post of Jan. 16.
    I suspect that the conflict is with the plug-in “WP Socializer” by aakashweb.com

I am using:
    The Events Calendar v 2.0.3
    Events Calendar Pro v 2.0.3
    WP Socializer v 2.3

The events calendar is normally seen at: http://murphguide.com/event/
    When WP Socializer is active, it disappears. When I deactivate WP Socializer, the calendar re-appears.

Rob

Hey Sean. Thanks for the follow-up. That’s odd; glad to see you figured out the conflict. I’ve downloaded WP Socializer on my end so we can do some testing against it for the 2.1 release. No guarantees (since we obviously can’t make the plugin play nicely with everything else out there), but we’ll see if we can identify anything that may be conflicting to ease smoother integration overall.

Sorry I couldn’t offer up more here. If you are posting similarly on their forums, feel free to let their dev folks know I’d be happy to comp them a copy of PRO if they wanted it for testing purposes on their end.

Janrace

Rob,
    I have upgraded to Event Pro 2.0.3 and I receive this error every time I try to activate the plugin. Any suggestions?

Warning: require_once(lib/tribe-date-series-rules.class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Not a directory in /home/content/51/8863251/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-pro/events-calendar-pro.php on line 31

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘lib/tribe-date-series-rules.class.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php’) in /home/content/51/8863251/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-pro/events-calendar-pro.php on line 31

Rob

Hey Janrace. Sorry to hear you’re having issues; is it possible you’ve got an earlier version of the plugin running, or another folder with the same name that is conflicting on your server? Does the free Events Calendar (not PRO) work?

Janrace

Hey Rob,
    Yes the free Event Calendar is working okay, however I’d like to use the PRO version. I removed all the event calendar files and re-uploaded them to my server and I am still having issues with the PRO version. :/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO 2.0.3 Is Live’ is closed to new replies.