Events Calendar plugin deleted after update

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Events Calendar plugin deleted after update

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    flamencoagenda
    Participant

Hello Tribe people,
    Please help me: with the last updates the Events Calendar plugin totally disappeared! What can I do?

Geoff B.

Good evening Ginette and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the Events Calendar disappearing on you, this is very odd and must be pretty scary.
    We will gladly try to assist you on this topic.

As a first step, I need to ask you a simple question: do you have FTP access to your site ?

If so, please follow the following steps:

1. Log in to your site with your favorite FTP client
    2. Go to the /wp-content/plugins folder and tell me if you see the-events-calendar folder ?
    3. Go over to https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/ and download the latest version of the plugin
    4. Drag and drop the files of the download into the-events-calendar folder
    5. If the folder is no longer there, just drag and drop the newly downloaded the-events-calendar folder in the /wp-content/plugins folder

If you don’t have FTP access, here are the recommended steps:

1. Go to Plugins -> Add new
    2. Search for the<b> </b>Events<b> </b>Calendar
    3. Install the plugin through WordPress’s interface (as if you were doing it for the first time)

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

flamencoagenda
    Participant

Hi Geoff,
    Thanks so much for your reply. Yes, it was a scary experience, my website is not much use without The Events Calendar. I decided to hire some help by a professional (last night European time, before your reply). It looks like everything is working again.

Any tips on how I can prevent this from happening again? Maybe not update WP and The Events Calendar at the same time?

Thanks and best wishes.
    Ginette

Geoff B.

Good evening Ginette,

I am glad all is resolved on your end.
    You’ll be glad to know that normally this does not happen. I am not sure exactly what happened in your case, so it’s hard to pinpoint the cause.

But to be safe, I highly recommend making a backup of your wp-content/plugins folder and of your database prior to any upgrade.
    In fact, having a backup solution can be a real life saver. That way if anything goes wrong, you can always restore your site using your backup.

Other users like to have a test website where they can test the upgrades prior to making them on the real website.

It’s really a matter of personal preference at that point.

In any case, you can also bookmark my answer. If you follow these steps, you should be able to get your plugin back if it disappears again.

Have a great day and you are always welcome back here if you need us!

Geoff B.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar plugin deleted after update’ is closed to new replies.