Events Calendar Plugin causing links on website to get a 404 Error.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar Plugin causing links on website to get a 404 Error.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    unveilchurch
    Participant

For the past month we have been trying to figure out the links to our site would go to a 404 error. We found that when we activate and deactivate the Events Calendar plugin it seems to fix the issue but the it occurs again. We have narrowed it down to the Events Calendar Plugin that this causing links on our site to go the a 404 error. Right now we have to keep the Events Calendar Plugin deactivated in order for the links to work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jami
    Blocked

Hi Ben,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this. The Events Calendar plugin does create a number of soft 404s, mostly due to events not being present on Day Views but we do have a small plugin you can install that will remove them for you. You can download it it here and install it as is.

Let me know if that helped!

Kind Regards,
    Jami

unveilchurch
    Participant

Not sure that is the issue. Here is what is happening.

When the plugin is activated, all links on my website break. The only fix is to change the permalink structure or to disable the plugin.

If I change the permalink structure it works for awhile until it breaks again. Usually takes around a day for it to break again.

Jami
    Blocked

Hi Ben,

Thanks for following up with me about this. That certainly doesn’t seem to be the behavior we’d expect. I’d like to try to run through some checks to see if we can narrow down the root cause.

First, it looks like the theme your site is using, Divi, might have an option in it’s theme options panel to “Enable canonical URL’s”. Can you check to see if the issue resolves itself with that option turned off?

If that doesn’t resolve it, let’s try switching to the Twenty Thirteen theme and disable all other plugins except Tribe Events plugins.

Let me know how those checks go.

Kind Regards,
    Jami

unveilchurch
    Participant

Jami, the setting “Enable canonical URL’s” was already turned off. I changed the them to twenty thirteen them and enable the two Tribal events plugins. It usually takes a couple hours to see if the links break. I will update you when I check again in a couple hours.

Jami
    Blocked

Thanks! I’ll keep an eye on this thread to see how it turns out.

Brian
    Keymaster

I am going to close this topic as we typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Plugin causing links on website to get a 404 Error.’ is closed to new replies.