Events Calendar not playing nice, using incorrect prefix

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar not playing nice, using incorrect prefix

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    screenrage
    Participant

I’m trying to add SimplePress to my website but keep getting this error message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare sp_get_option() (previously declared in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/public/template-tags/deprecated.php:484) in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-primitives.php on line 95

Apparently this is due to the Events Calendar using ‘sp_’ prefix for this particular function. In WP it is good practice (and an official guideline) to use your plugin name as a prefix in some way, hence the SP prefix for SimplePress but because Events Calendar is using the same prefix for some reason it is causing a conflict.

Can this be fixed please?

Josh
    Participant

Hello screenrage,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I apologize for the inconvenience this issue is causing. The function creating the conflict is part of a deprecated file full of deprecated functions that we have left in place for backwards compatibility. All of our current functions use proper prefixing with the current plugin name.

However, we do have an easy way to disable this file from being included. You can fix the issue by adding the following to your wp-config.php file at the root of your WordPress install.

define('TRIBE_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_TAGS', true);

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

– Josh

screenrage
    Participant

I added it but the error message still appears.

Josh
    Participant

Hello screenrage,

Thanks for following up with us!

Having this constant defined should disable the deprecated file from loading. To verify:

1. <span style=”line-height: 13px;”>Ensure that the provide snippet was added to your site’s “wp-config.php” file. It would be best to add it right below the define( 'WP_DEBUG', false ) line of that file.</span>
    2. <span style=”line-height: 13px;”>Did you clear your cache or do a hard refresh after making this change?</span>
    3. <span style=”line-height: 13px;”>It may also help to deactivate/activate the Events Calendar plugin after making this change.</span>

<span style=”line-height: 13px;”>Let me know if this helps. </span>

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar not playing nice, using incorrect prefix’ is closed to new replies.