Events Calendar import to Outlook with automatic updates?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Events Calendar import to Outlook with automatic updates?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have had a request from my boss to see if our website calendar (Event Calendar) could somehow be integrated within Outlook? I know you can export ICS files, but could our web calendar be linked to an Outlook calendar, and automatically updated as we ad stuff to the website calendar? Can they speak to each other…? I hope that makes sense.

Let me know.
    Thanks!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Amy!

Thanks for getting in touch with us! Let me try to help you with that.

As you might already know, the functionality you are looking for is not built in with our plugins. Like you say, you can export .ics files from our calendar and then import it in your Outlook calendar, but this is a process that will have to be done manually.

Automating this process could likely be done somehow, but would definitely require custom coding. I’m not very familiar with Outlook’s capabilities, but you might see if it can receive a subscription to an RSS feed, in which case you might want to have a look at the following article regarding The Events Calendar RSS Feed > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/events-rss-feed/

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar import to Outlook with automatic updates?’ is closed to new replies.