Events Calendar EXPORT function???

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar EXPORT function???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dostie
    Participant

It’s great that there is an events import feature, but what about those of us who maintain that our WP website is the center of our CMS and places like Google+ and Farcebook are annoying systems that must be dealt with FROM our site, not TO our site? In other words, I want to take the events I have in MT Events and export them to Google Calendars and Facebook Events, or….to another WP site I manage that has MT events and shares a similar audience? I don’t see this function. I’ll bet I’m not the only one who wants it. If/when you make it (pretty please), be sure to let me filter what events I export. Thank you!

How many others would like to see this feature?

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for using our plugin and I totally understand that there are some many systems to work with out there and having a solution to update them all from one place would be a great time saver.

Unfortunately, for us to to able to push events from a website to Facebook they would have to allow it through their API. Right now for Publishing, Deleting, and Updating Events the Graph API does not support them.

There seems to be a method for Google Calendars although I am not 100% certain it would work in a plugin, but we are always interested in adding new features. If you would like to request that feature please head to our UserVoice Page and add your own or upvote that feature as they will increase the chances of it being added to a future version.

http://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas

Thanks

dostie
    Participant

FWIW I went to the uservoice forum, added my vote and comments there. While there I noticed that someone implied I could export using the standard WP exporter function for transferring events to another WP website. I’m happy to report it worked. It was a bit clunky, and would have been better if I could export events, venues, and organizers all at once, but it was nonetheless far superior to copying and pasting the numerous events I already had that were relevant.

Brian
    Keymaster

Sorry missed that part about the exporting events to another WordPress install.

Yes the Organizers, Venues, and Events are all custom Post Types and can be exported and imported using WordPress Export and Import.

However, the limitation with using that is if you do not export everything the featured images to do get transfer to the new site, that is a limitation from WordPress.

Thanks for posting on our UserVoice for a new feature.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar EXPORT function???’ is closed to new replies.