Events Calendar events once again are duplicating

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar events once again are duplicating

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rocky Hayes
    Participant

Hello,

On the website below, you’ll notice that my Google Calendar events are once again duplicating for some reason. I paid a developer to manually fix this a few weeks ago and now it’s happened again.

Also, on Wednesday the entire calendar was unlinked for at least several hours from the site.

Could you please offer insight as to why this is occurring and with a quick solution? My client is upset this os happening again: http://elriad.org/events/

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Rocky,

Thanks for using The Events Calendar!

I’m sorry to hear about this duplicating issue. Indeed that is upsetting. Let me try to help you get this fixed.

Could you share with me the URL / feed that you are having this issue with? I would like to run some tests.

on Wednesday the entire calendar was unlinked for at least several hours from the site.

Can you please explain what you mean by “unlinked”? The more details you can give me the better.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Rocky Hayes
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Rocky,

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m sorry, I overlooked the URL in your previous post. My bad.

I see you are using the Divi theme. Nice one. 🙂

To get rid of the sidebar on the calendar pages, go to Events > Settings >  Display tab and choose ‘Default Events Template’ instead of ‘Default Page Template’. That should do the trick. (screenshot)

As for the duplication issue I will need to run some tests. I will get back to you with the results soon. Thanks for your patience!

András

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Rocky Hayes
    Participant

András,

I’m not looking to remove the list view on the homepage, rather was simply showing you a second location on the site as to where the duplication is occurring.

What is the best way to get you the Google calendar URL? This has always been hard to figure out.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Rocky,

I’m not looking to remove the list view on the homepage

Sure thing. With the ‘Default Page Template’ setting you will be able to get rid of the sidebar next to the calendar. My understanding was that you’d like to achieve this.

To get a Google Calendar URL to import:

• go to the Google Calendar
    • on the top right corner click on the cogwheel, then on ‘Settings’
    • on top left choose ‘Calendars’
    • Select the calendar you want to import
    • In the ‘Private Address’ line look for the green ‘Ical’ button. Right click on that and choose ‘Copy Link Location’ (or similar, differs by browser)

Now you should have the URL in your clipboard, just need to paste it in.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar events once again are duplicating’ is closed to new replies.