Events Calendar Date is not Correct

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar Date is not Correct

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tammylfinch
    Participant

I noticed around 8:00PM local time on 2/28 that the main Events calendar had already moved to March 1. It was fine a couple hours ago, so perhaps it’s looking at GM time rather than local (Central Standard) time. The sidebar widget is still correctly showing the current date of 2/28.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy tammylfinch,

Is it possible that one of your date time settings is not configured how you would expect? There are two different settings that are considered when deciding which day to display an event on.

The first is your WordPress’ timezone. This can be changed by going to WP Admin > Settings > General, and scrolling down to Timezone. Is it configured as you expect? It sounds like you want to set it to the UTC CST, which I believe is -6.  Is this option correct?

The second option is found in WP Addmin > Events > Display. Scroll down to “End of day cutoff”. Is this set to midnight? If not, it sounds like you probably want it set to midnight.

Does that make sense? Did one of those options fix it for you? Please let me know. Cheers!

– Brook

tammylfinch
    Participant

Both are set correctly, Chicago time zone and 12 AM event cut-off.
    Also, as I mentioned, the sidebar widget displayed the current day as February 28. It was only the main calendar (on the same page) that came up as March instead of February. A couple hours earlier that same day it was all correct.

juniorstatesmen
    Participant

My sidebar mini-calendar widget is also acting funny. It still thinks we are on February 25th. http://alumni.jsa.org/

juniorstatesmen
    Participant

Nevermind. It looks like it’s a cache problem.

Brook
    Participant

Oh I am glad you were able to narrow it down. That would have been extremely puzzling if not for the cache. Thanks for posting!

– Brook

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Date is not Correct’ is closed to new replies.