Events Calendar causes slow page loads

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar causes slow page loads

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Terry
    Participant

Hi, I’m experiencing slow page loads in the backend when editing wordpress. I’ve notified our host provider, wp-engine, and they’ve subsequently ran some tests. They noticed that certain queries for the plugin were taking .6 seconds a piece to load. When this stacks up, it takes a painful amount of time to issue commands when making changes in the back end.

What can we do to reduce this lag time?

Thanks,

Terry

Geoff

Hello Terry and welcome back to the forums!

So sorry for the slow load! Could you try turning on WP_DEBUG? You can then try downloading the Debug Bar plugin. This plugin analyzes the queries that are run when trying to access the page. It’ll also pull out really slow queries and highlight them for you. This will help us to narrow in on what may be causing this performance issue when editing events.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Terry
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

This reply is private.

Terry
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

This reply is private.

Terry
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hey Terry,

I wasn’t able to log in with that username/password combo — will you please check it out and let me know if those are the correct credentials?

The screenshots do help us get started though.

Those queries are not doing anything special there –- it’s really just a standard WordPress check for updates – so I’m unsure why it would be dragging so much in terms of performance.

Do you have any other plugins installed and activated and can you try deactivating them (while keeping the calendar plugins activated, of course)? Additionally switch to a default, unmodified theme, like Twenty Sixteen. Does that improve things at all?

I’d also be interested to know if you have a comparable number of posts and events, and if the admin lists for those post types is equally slow. Do you happen to know offhand?

Thanks!
    Geoff

Terry
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hi Terry, and thanks for the extra info!

Everything appears to be running smoothly on the back end this morning. The longest page load in the admin took 4.06 seconds but most were consistently under that mark. I’d say that is just as speedy and perhaps speedier than the backend of other WordPress sites I generally see.

But let’s continue to dig into this. Were you able to look into this question I asked:

Do you have any other plugins installed and activated and can you try deactivating them (while keeping the calendar plugins activated, of course)? Additionally switch to a default, unmodified theme, like Twenty Sixteen. Does that improve things at all?

Thanks!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar causes slow page loads’ is closed to new replies.