Events calendar as a static start page?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Events calendar as a static start page?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ines

Hi,
    I’m using your calendar for a college WordPress project about citizen participation. I’ve filled the calendar with events in my home city that allow citizens to participate in local political decisions.
    My problem is that I have been unable to add a link to the full calendar to the main menu – in fact, I would love to make the calendar itself my start page, but it doesn’t show up in the relevant WordPress admin menu, and it seems I can’t add the link manually. Does that have to do with my theme (Vogue) or is there something I can do about this?
    Thanks!
    Ines

Geoff

Hi Ines, thanks so much for writing in!

Yeah, linking to the calendar in the main menu can be a little tricky and I totally know how confusing that can be.

The calendar should have a URL associated with it that follows this format:

[your-site]/events

Or, if you have used something different than /events in the calendar settings, then that would be it instead.

To add the calendar to the menu, you’ll head over to Appearance > Settings from the WordPress dashboard, select the custom link option, then place the calendar URL right in there. 🙂

As far as making the calendar your front page, that’s something that isn’t supported just yet but is something we’ve been interested in exploring!

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Ines

Hi Geoff,
    Thanks for your quick reply!
    Unfortunately that didn’t work; it appears that the calender exists merely as a php function and doesn’t actually have its own page that I could link to. Its address ends in “/?post_type=tribe_events”. If I try adding that address to my menu, nothing actually shows up on the page, no matter what device or browser I use. There is no option anywhere to change the link for the calendar. How do I give it its own page to actually have something to link to?
    Thanks!
    Ines

Geoff

Oh, are you using pretty permalinks? If not, then that would clarify things quite a bit because the calendar performs much better with them enabled.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hello Ines, I see my last reply was marked as the correct answer. I’ll go ahead and close this thread but please feel free to let us know if any other questions pop up. In fact, if you’re looking for technical support, please open a thread over in our WordPress.org forum and we’d be happy to help you over there on our next pass — or, you can purchase a license for one of our premium plugins and that will give you access to the technical support here in these forums.

Cheers and have a great weekend!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events calendar as a static start page?’ is closed to new replies.