Events Calendar and Divi Header Scroll

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar and Divi Header Scroll

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dan Feeley
    Participant

We use the Divi theme from Elegant Themes and on the Events and Calendar pages the header does not shrink when you scroll as it does on all other pages.

I found this when searching ET’s support forums. http://prntscr.com/5xrxol
    They said it does not work because it is a custom layout.

Is there anyway to fix this issue?

Barry

Hi danfeely,

Sorry to hear you are hitting difficulties.

When I visit your main events page, the header does appear to shrink – have you since resolved this issue?

I found this when searching ET’s support forums. http://prntscr.com/5xrxol
    They said it does not work because it is a custom layout.

Hmm, well the highlighted class in that screenshot is prefixed “et-” so I assume is added by Elegant Themes code – and they are in the best place to advise you as to why that is added and when.

If you do still need further help, can I ask that you first of all try editing the default template setting (via the Events → Settings → Display screen)?

Thanks!

Dan Feeley
    Participant

This reply is private.

Dan Feeley
    Participant

Oh, just to let you know I had found that screenshot on ET’s website because someone else was having the same issue. That was their response to the user and may not be the reason behind our problem. I just wanted to submit that as to what ET was saying.

Thanks again.

Barry

If I select “Default Page Template” it DOES work.

I suspect because an element with an ID of main-content is then present (your theme’s page template adds this). With that being the case, is there some reason you can’t use that template setting?

If you really need to use the default events template I’d recommend overriding it (see here) and adding an additional wrapper, ie instead of the following (which you will find in events/default-template.php):

<div id="tribe-events-pg-template">
    		<?php tribe_events_before_html(); ?>
    		<?php tribe_get_view(); ?>
    		<?php tribe_events_after_html(); ?>
    	</div> <!-- #tribe-events-pg-template -->

Wrap it as follows:

<div id="main-content">
    	<div id="tribe-events-pg-template">
    		<?php tribe_events_before_html(); ?>
    		<?php tribe_get_view(); ?>
    		<?php tribe_events_after_html(); ?>
    	</div> <!-- #tribe-events-pg-template -->
    </div> <!-- #main-content -->

However, using the default page template is arguably preferable since there may be other elements, classes and IDs besides this one that various theme scripts expect.

Does that help?

Barry

Apologies, my link to the Themer’s Guide (which explains how to set up template overrides) was missing from my last reply. Please see:

theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide

Dan Feeley
    Participant

Sorry, still a little new to this but are there any downsides or issues to not using the Events Template? Or will everything still function the same?

Barry

Hi!

The functionality should remain the same – one of the reasons we have that option is simply to help people find a template that meshes nicely with their particular theme.

So if the the default page template works for you and doesn’t trigger any other problems it is absolutely fine to use it 🙂

Dan Feeley
    Participant

Sounds good, thank you very much.

Barry

Happy to help 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar and Divi Header Scroll’ is closed to new replies.