Events Calendar 4.2.2 stops posts from being displayed in VC Post Grid

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar 4.2.2 stops posts from being displayed in VC Post Grid

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chris Claghorn
    Participant

Where can I download version 4.2.1 of the Events Calendar not Pro. I see where to download older versions of Pro but not just the Events Calendar plugin

Chris Claghorn
    Participant

I found this link on WordPress: https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/download/

Once I reverted back to version 4.2.1 of PRO and 4.2.1.1 of the main plugin my events come back into the VC Post Grid which is filtering posts by tags. Let me know when the bug is fixed.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Claghorn,

It’s nice to see ya again. Thanks for reporting the change.

To be honest I don’t even know what VC Post Grid, and Google is not being much help. It’s not a plugin we officially support. But that’s not to say we would not consider supporting it at some point in the future. Do you have any links to this? Did it come with a theme of yours?

Cheers!

– Brook

Chris Claghorn
    Participant

I’m referring to Visual Composer Grid Builder (https://wpbakery.atlassian.net/wiki/display/VC/Grid+Builder). I’ve been using it with your plugin for over 3 years at least.

Chris Claghorn
    Participant

It’s an element in Visual Composer named “Post Grid”. It seems to ignore any events but can pull in regular WordPress posts. Post Grid still populates the tags I’ve used on Events but does not show them anymore since the latest update. Hope that helps a little

Brook
    Participant

Ahh that makes sense. Thank you for clarifying.

I appreciate the tip that this is not working right. From time to time we have tested with themes which include the Visual Composer. The Composer behaves so differently from stock WordPress that it has been a recurring a conflict with many WP plugins, ours included.

Basically anything we don’t officially support we do not do compatibility releases for. However, I could see our strategist having some interest in supporting that plugin. I just reached out to him and asked him to consider this plugin for possible inclusion in our future roadmap. That consideration process can sometimes take a while though.

Until then them I am afraid I can’t make any guarantees that future versions of our plugins will ever support that plugin, nor that future versions of Composer won’t completely break compatibility with our plugins including past versions of our plugins. I wish we lived in a world where it was possible to support every single plugin out there, but we don’t.

Wish I had better news for you. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar 4.2.2 stops posts from being displayed in VC Post Grid’ is closed to new replies.