Events Calendar 3.0 Not Working with Theme

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar 3.0 Not Working with Theme

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    bisdigital
    Participant

Stranger ^

Thanks. This fixes the problem for me in Twenty Eleven.

3.0 appears to produce a number of validation errors. Check it out with the w3c validator to see.

ellaearth
    Participant

sparkuparts – You’re awesome! That helped me fix the sidebar issue in genesis. I knew there was a missing div but your solution is more thorough and elegant than mine was. One problem down, quite a few more to go unfortunately. I had no idea this this plugin was going to be such a pain (sorry!) to implement.

Cynthia Lockley
    Participant

Unfortunately that didn’t fix it for me in Twenty Eleven using Default Page Template or any other template I’ve tried to create to get the sidebar to work properly. It appears but below the content.

Rob

Hey folks. I see Jonah hasn’t had a chance to reply here yet, and I wanted to jump to do what I can to help / confirm a few points. Big thanks to Andy for his assistance earlier on in the discussion.

*Bryan:* Are you sorted here? I haven’t seen a follow-up from you but wanted to check if you need anything else or have other questions.

*Cynthia:* First off, you make a great point about the code Jonah suggested and its value in the themer’s guide. That is definitely intended to be a living document we modify as we go, and based on your feedback I’ve just gone ahead and added it in now. It sounds like your sidebar issue persists – which is odd, as we did the vast majority of our testing in Twenty Eleven and Twenty Twelve – but 3.0.2 has a specific bit of code that should fix this. It’s coming as soon as we can finish QA – hopefully today – and I’d be interested in hearing if the issue persists for you from there. If it does, I’m going to ask someone (either Barry or Jonah, depending on who is available sooner) to see if they can troubleshoot why.

*SparkUpdates:* Glad to hear you’ve got a workaround in place. Same goes for you: we’ve got a variation of that same bit of code in the impending release, so it should keep you from having to use your own patch. Let me know if not though.

*TabitaGreen:* It sounds like you’re all set. (Thanks, SparkUpdates). Let me know if I’m misreading that.

*BisDigital & Ellaearth:* Would definitely be interested in hearing what the other issues you’re seeing are, if you haven’t logged them yet. Particularly the validation errors but also whether the problems you’re facing are upgrade-related or based on a new install. If you’d like us to help with those just open them as fresh threads and we’ll get to them with haste.

Thanks for your patience, folks.

Cinch
    Participant

Hi Rob,

I’m sorted yes, in that I’ve decided to use something like W3 Total Cache to merge and minify the plugin stylesheets. Otherwise I’m very close to figuring out/fixing the differences between versions.

Thanks,
    ~ Bryan

Rob

Excellent to hear – thanks for confirming, Bryan. Let us know if we can help in the future.

millie6
    Participant

I purchased the plugin in today and it did not work with my News Theame as Safari and Firefox would not reload the pages when switching form the events veiw and the list view. It also caused problems on my plugin page not reloading. Any suggestions

Leah

Hey millie6, we’ll do our best to help out, but would you mind starting a new thread? That will help us keep things organized and get you the help you need. We don’t do support over the weekend but we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

dostie
    Participant

@sparkuparts You ARE the hero of the hour (or ’til the next guy or gal helps solve the next problem)!!!

For the record, adding the tag in the Add HTML AFTER Event Content box also works when other theme based (as opposed to Default Event Template) pages are selected. F’rinstance, on my theme I chose a ‘Three columns, sidebar left and right’ and the same snippet of code cured the problem. 3 cheers for sparkuparts!

Rob

Yes!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar 3.0 Not Working with Theme’ is closed to new replies.