Events Calendar 2.0.1+Headway2.0.13 Displays Calendar PageTitle in All Nav Items

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar 2.0.1+Headway2.0.13 Displays Calendar PageTitle in All Nav Items

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Bob
    Participant

My site is running:
    The Events Calendar 2.0.1
    Events Calendar PRO 2.0.1
    Headway Version: 2.0.13 (Theme)
    WordPress Version: 3.2.1
    PHP Version: 5.2.17
    MySQL Version: 5.1.58-community-log
    Web Server Info: Apache
    Browser Info: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
    PHP cURL Support: Yes
    PHP GD Support: Yes
    PHP Memory Limit: 256M
    PHP Post Max Size: 10M

Issue: For every horizontal and vertical navigation item, the navigation item displays the Page Title (e.g., “Calendar of Events”) when page is an Event List or Calendar view, instead of displaying the real Navigation Items as defined in the WP Menus interface (/wp-admin/nav-menus.php).

If you click on any of the repeated “Calendar of Event” navigation items, they go to the correct place within the site, but the names for the Navigation Items are not the correct names, as defined in the WP Menus.

The above issue exists on the Upcoming Events from the Event Calendar:
    http://xaisfm.org/events/upcoming

The issue also exists on the full calendar display:
    http://xaisfm.org/events

The normal navigation is shown on all other pages, for example, the home page:
    http://xaisfm.org
    * Headway 2.0.13 (Theme)

The issue does NOT exist when only the following are active:
    * Events Calendar PRO 2.0.1 (Plugin)
    * The Events Calendar 2.0.1 (The Free version of the Plugin)
    * Twenty Eleven 1.2 (Theme)

The issue does NOT exist when only the following are active:
    * The Events Calendar 2.0.1 (The Free version of the Plugin)
    * Twenty Eleven 1.2 (Theme)

Rob

Thanks for this report, Bob – you’ve provided exactly what we need right off the bat, and this is a model of a perfect bug report. Thank you.

The issue you’ve reported here has been recreated on our end and is verified as a legit bug; we’re working now to fix it for the 2.0.2 release. I should note that based on what we’ve seen so far this is only occurring if you’re using the default page template with Headway. If you go into Settings -> The Events Calendar and change to the default events template, it should resolve this issue and can work as a temporary fix until we’re able to get a patch deployed.

Thanks again and please let me know if you have other questions about this.

Rob

Hey again Bob. We’re attempting to test against Headway but are realizing it’s a premium theme; any chance you’d be able to hook us up with a copy for local testing? It will all be done locally so of course nothing will be live on the Internet…but we’re going to need to get our hands on it to try and resolve this issue. Thanks!

Bob
    Participant

Hi Rob, Probably the easiest way for you to test would be for me to give you temporary admin access to my site, since the site isn’t in production yet. Then, you could do your testing there. If that would work for you, please contact me.

Rob

Hey Bob. I’m told that these issues (or at least, a similar related one reported by another user) were resolved by upgrading to Headway 3.0. Any chance you’d be willing to give that a shot to see if the issue persists?

Bob
    Participant

When I login to my Headway account, these announcements appear:

“Important: Headway 3.0 currently does not support upgrades from Headway 2.0.13 or earlier or the Headway 3.0 beta.

“DO NOT Upgrade existing Headway 2.0.13 sites to Headway 3.0. At this time there is no upgrade path. It will be coming with a future update.”

So how did another user upgrade to Headway 3.0, given the above info?

That said, I plan to create a new site using Headway 3.0, so could test Events Calendar then; or test it on my existing site, once the future upgradable version becomes available.

It would be really nice to get the Events Calendar fix into the 2.0.2 release since you “verified as a legit bug; we’re working now to fix it for the 2.0.2 release”.

Rob

Ah, that’s good to know…I didn’t realize they were still in that stage. I have the finished (to be released Monday) 2.0.2 code; if you’d be willing to give it a shot to see if it fixed your issue, shoot me a note (rob at tri.be) and I’ll send it your way for testing. We can continue to troubleshoot as needed from there.

Stéphane
    Participant

Hi Rob,

Just purchased a single license of Events Calendar Pro and I’m running into the same issue as Bob even with ECP 2.0.2. Unfortunately, I can’t upgrade to Headway 3.0 yet on this site as key functionality is not yet working so I’m stuck with HW 2.0.13.

In my case, if I use the Default Page Template, individual events display correctly and without issue but, if I go to the events calendar/listing page, I get the problem described by Bob. If I switch to the Default Events Template, the rendering of both the listing/calendar and individual events is wrong but in a different manner. It’s as if the regular content containers from the theme are not used and I can’t open the Headway Visual Editor to modify the layout of the page. I have a widget container created in code (theme’s function.php that is repeated at the bottom of the page right before the footer when it should only appear in the header once:

http://electricite-hors-construction.com/activite/activite-814-montreal-cours-de-code-revision-approfondie/2012-01-26/

Here’s a normal post on the same site where you can see the correct display:

http://electricite-hors-construction.com/2011/09/01/google-investit-dans-lenergie-solaire/

I could certainly send you a copy of HW 2.0.13 for local testing on your end. Just tell me what email to send it to.

Thanks

Rob

Hey Stephane. Thanks for the heads up; there is unfortunately not much we can do at this point beyond waiting for the 2.1 release (or whatever the next Headway release is, once they get that out). I actually have been given the latest copy of Headway by that theme’s dev already – we’re testing against it for our 2.1 release to ensure integration is as smooth as possible once both are out in the wild together.

Any way you could use the Default Page Template, then modify that via a template override procedure so it better met your needs? Not ideal but at least that’d give you something to work with in the short term…

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar 2.0.1+Headway2.0.13 Displays Calendar PageTitle in All Nav Items’ is closed to new replies.